Building the Kreekeeda 300 and 250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really good mate, nice gold and nothing beats building your own equipment and seeing it really work.

Look forward to more of your vids in the future.

dwt said:
Gotta be happy with that mate ;)
yeah mate im happy with it...to answer your previous question i have a question...

i would build them to order...but...i dont know if anyone would want one or be able to afford the price to build?...not much change for an oz of gold ey!

Brilliant Build, 20XWater, you should be very happy with that. A lot of good ideas and careful planning has gone into it.

I'm building a primitive version at the moment for treating my cons at home, hopefully I'll post it in the early new year.

Get more, get more!

20xwater said:
dwt said:
yeah mate im happy with it...to answer your previous question i have a question...

i would build them to order...but...i dont know if anyone would want one or be able to afford the price to build?...not much change for an oz of gold ey!
Your on the dollar there mate, a buck could be made off simple designs, but complex designs and builds, your pretty much just going to sell it to cover costs, trying to make big bucks off awesome design builds almost is impossible, how do you charge someone for nutting out the difficult sections, hours of thought, hours of designing, people don't realise something as simple as bending up a sluice box, tig welding up the ends, covering the costs of full sheet purchases for Xpanded mesh and punch plate, were already talking hundreds.
That's why I thought I'd suggest selling design plans, you can buy design/build plans for off road buggys and trailers, why not bankers, could be an avenue worth looking at dude :D

dwt said:
20xwater said:
dwt said:

Your on the dollar there mate, a buck could be made off simple designs, but complex designs and builds, your pretty much just going to sell it to cover costs, trying to make big bucks off awesome design builds almost is impossible, how do you charge someone for nutting out the difficult sections, hours of thought, hours of designing, people don't realise something as simple as bending up a sluice box, tig welding up the ends, covering the costs of full sheet purchases for Xpanded mesh and punch plate, were already talking hundreds.
That's why I thought I'd suggest selling design plans, you can buy design/build plans for off road buggys and trailers, why not bankers, could be an avenue worth looking at dude :D
na...not interested in plans bro...time to go eat a creek or 2 ;) :cool:

dwt said:
20xwater said:
dwt said:

spot on dwt!!

I recently paid $15 to a Canadian for radical sluice box plans and in truth I may never get around to building it, and i wonder how many other purchasers fit the same profile - but hey it's a SALE and the the $s are flowing into his bank account ;)

casper

That machine is one of the meanest, nastiest, gold catchers on the planet! While I have allegiance to a Walbanker design due to simplicity and portability, you have created a monster sexy build. Well done !!!!!

Dropped in to Eldorado on Xmas eve and sampled up a bit of ground to do the flour gold test on my way back from another spot. Got back there on sunday arvo about 1.30pm and was setup by 2. Best test pan in this spot was 31 tiny colours, I sluiced for 4 hours. Flow rate still on idle, increased sluice angle to 20 degrees to speed up exchange rate of the insane amount of fines and just hoped i didnt blow to much.

1419853613_eldorado_dig.jpg

Didnt do a vid this time but the colour count of the bottom/end moss mat of deck B was 17. Recovery percentages up the sluice were nearly the same but this time boiler B recovered more than the on the last test. After this run about 30% of the R10 holes of the punch plate were clogged because i didnt have to use my shovel to work the material up and back as this also dislodges them as i go. R6 holes didnt clog at all and i dont know why.

Finest flour gold ive come across yet...amazing...

1419854061_eldorado_flour.jpg

This was a very important test and im really happy with how it performed on the flour.

Go the Kreekeeda! :cool:

p.s video and photo's with a new little SJ4000 action cam, 1080p/16meg pix photo res, $100 on ebay...does the job well :cool:

Twapster said:
That machine is one of the meanest, nastiest, gold catchers on the planet! While I have allegiance to a Walbanker design due to simplicity and portability, you have created a monster sexy build. Well done !!!!!

I havent built my design to make it amazingly comfortably portable yet(the shape of the sluice has another pourpose). From what ive experienced designing and building this i now understand just how much wal would have put into the walbanker and i think he has done an awsome job creating it. and sharing it with everyone to help says alot about someone...good person!

I dont think there is any comparison from 1 highbanker to the next as i think its a personal preference. Any highbanker will recover shotty gold.

The challenge is the flour!!!

Ive designed this machine to suit MY needs and the way i work ground and also to fix some problems and answer my own questions.

glad you like it mate...thanx for the comment :cool:

Great job on the build mate.and that the fines are in the box. that is the real test,ive been FN around with HBs for three years,flow rates angle, goldhogmats/expanded mesh/vmat ect ect ect ect.
So I can appreciate a good set up.
Well done
Ryan

Cool design and Great Build ! and the test went as it should be. There you go, mate !

Loved the tiny Gold also !

Thanks for sharing all the build stages, it's very useful to the DIYers' type of prospectors.

ps...gold drops out on the front side of the riffles and not the back/downstream of sluice side. the largest material builds up on the front side and exchanges out, all the fines/lights blow straight over the top, heavyest fines/gold drops between the tiny voids in the largest material. I tested this by dividing the miners moss sections into 3 sections and panning them separately. believe it....or not lol :cool:

Latest posts