Looking for a cutter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday,was wondering if anybody knew of a stone cutter in Tasmania.Not sure how much it costs to have a green sapphire weighing 7.5ct cut.Any ideas? might be prepared to ship interstate if all else fails.cheers.

1488447391_gkgjh.jpg
Second from left at the bottom mate.
1488447256_sapph_7.7.jpg
.......80+cts on scale before batteries died

Thanks.

That's a nice looking Saph. Not to dark. That may cut a very interesting stone. Next pic, the after shot.

Thanks everyone, just loaded a few up for a pic to give you a look at what ive been finding.These are a few different shapes,sizes and colours ive been getting out of one creek.Gone into panic mode at the moment because not being an expert in gemstones I never had a set of scales until now.So now ive realized that a 10ct stone really aint that big and ive sent a swagger of to lamberts. I'm thinking that I may be up for some serious coin because there was some good sized stones amongst the 160 sent.Approx 6 weeks to go and ill know I suppose.Gotta spend money to make money I guess.cheers,more pics to come

Don't want to worry you digginhard but sending large stones off to Lamberts is not really something I'd do. I pretty much wouldn't send anything over 3-4ct there for them to cut.

I only send them small stuff so if they do an average job I won't be too upset about it.

We have some excellent cutters on the forum such as Kingsolomon, they charge a bit but you will get outstanding quality stones back if you send them excellent quality rough, just send them PM's and ask if they can do the job for you.