Does anyone here fly? Considering obtaining microlight licence...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wanted to fly. My first attempt was just the other day on the sand flats here at low tide. By the time I reached the end of the sand bar I was flapping my arms like mad..but alas to know avail ;)

reefer said:
I always wanted to fly. My first attempt was just the other day on the sand flats here at low tide. By the time I reached the end of the sand bar I was flapping my arms like mad..but alas to know avail ;)
Might need to get more speed up mate lol

7.62marksman said:
reefer said:
Might need to get more speed up mate lol

nah it's all the extra weight he's carrying lol ........

Great little aircraft rotor and good to see with the 19 reg as an RA aircraft , I believe with the new weight class a Cessna 152 with rear seats removed also scrapes in as RA . It really opens up flying to a lot of people :D

Time to spare ................... go by air :Y:
Partenavia PA68 was my favorite...................... probably the most fun you can have with ya pants on. But then if you joined the mile high club you were still having fun without them ;) I think that's why they invented auto pilot :p
After an engine failure in a single engine pretty much stuck to twins after that :rolleyes: Was nice knowing you had a back up :Y: Especially when over Bass straight bound for Tassie :D
Ratings, endorsments and currency checks = big hole in wallet but damn good fun :Y:

1487938030_partenavia.jpg

Got my license early 80s in California, and used to tour there a lot in single engine Pipers (flying the Grand Canyon was great before they changed the rules). Converted to aussie license (Moorabbin based), and did some great aussie trips (Ayres Rock, Mt Isa, Cattle Stations, Karumba, Dunk Island, Whitsundays). Took mum to Tassie to visit elder brother. Trip down was island hopping, with a stop at Flinders Island, however trip back via King Island and the Otways was forced to go "VFR On Top" as cloud was low and 8/8. With a single engine Piper Lance, I wanted max glide range and radio time just in case. Had to go to Portland to get down through cloud, then flew the coast back to Moorabbin. Mum sure was glad to see land as she thought I was flying to Antarctica. Had to give it all up when kids arrived, but still occasionally get up with mates. Great times!

Big wave who did you fly with in Moorabbin ?
General ? Combined ? Partenavia pic was at Morrabbin
Did quite a few flights to Tassie and remember well a stop over in King Island with a mate in left hand seat .................. told him we would be up for 6 landing fee's as he hopped it down the runway :D
When flying with a mate we used to do one leg pilot other navigating and then swap over
COINCIDENTALLY it was a Piper Lance I put down in the paddock around Cobden in Vic ;)
Can certainly relate to the fun times .................. there used to be a night club at Essendon airport called the flight deck and myself and a few lads used to fly across from Moorabbin ................. offering a few chickies a flight across Melb CBD to see the lights beat the hell out of an offer of "go for coffee" hands down every time ;)
:Y:

Bogger, I honestly don't recall which organisation - such a long time ago. Never did the chickies bit - maybe I was a bit slow even then ;)
Why did you put down into a paddock? I've done dirt strips in outback paddocks (after a couple of low passes to clear sheep), but I think you're talking engine failure?