FUGGET!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this one sucked :eek:
1484975708_maldon_fugget.jpg

Caught up with RMoutback last weekend at Maldon :D
Old Mate arrived 11;45 Saturday while I was in a dig about 8 inch down :eek: I know 8 inch :eek: Good timing .
Stopped for a chat and rest wow .
So back into it took it down about another 6 inch ...... and OH yer out of the hole ......
And it is another old round chineze chiniese china button .
1484976442_maldon_.jpg

The top FUGGET was my last target for Sunday . It SCREAMED
At about 400mm I was rooted :| :| and its still in the hole ....... By this time RM has walked over we had a bit of a chat and a laugh :lol:
And back to it ( help me Chuck Norris ) WOW by the time it was out of the hole I could stand in the hole and its over my Knee :eek: but its out of the hole :)
And its a ( oh joy ) another Old Pick Tip .................. dam it :(

I will have to dig out some photos i have 3 bits that are even shaped like gold , sound like gold ,feel like gold and they all came from convincing positions like under the surface under a flat rock that has never seen daylight in the clay layer , one other was under a small stump that was still standing but 90% rotted away dead for 100 years.
Mostly distorted lead but one could be a booger of solder.
:mad:
But still better that nails or wire they really wee me off.

If i had to rate fuggets from worst to best would be
Rust flakes
Foil
Wire
Modern junk
Nails
Iron
Lead
Brass shells
Unidentifiable trinkets
Recognisable but useless trinkets
Mining tools
Buttons
Anything with markings on it
MH 370
Coins

I am sure i missed some

aussiefarmer said:
I will have to dig out some photos i have 3 bits that are even shaped like gold , sound like gold ,feel like gold and they all came from convincing positions like under the surface under a flat rock that has never seen daylight in the clay layer , one other was under a small stump that was still standing but 90% rotted away dead for 100 years.
Mostly distorted lead but one could be a booger of solder.
:mad:
But still better that nails or wire they really wee me off.

If i had to rate fuggets from worst to best would be
Rust flakes
Foil
Wire
Modern junk
Nails
Iron
Lead
Brass shells
Unidentifiable trinkets
Recognisable but useless trinkets
Mining tools
Buttons
Anything with markings on it
MH 370
Coins

I am sure i missed some

Well rated AF, the coins aren't that prolific in my neck of the woods to be worthy of a rating. Any coin I've found is either worth keeping or hand it over to the fish and chip shop owner :lol:

Oh don't get me Fuggen started on this! Ok I've started... Farmer good to see I am not the only one who chases a Fugget only to realise it's actually me making the sounds. I dug for an actual target yesterday and thought, hmmm it's moving, as I moved around... Fug Me it was my phone in my pocket of my Yakka duds. What a tool! Took it out, re swung coil over original spot, retrieved target, damn it was a bullet Fugget!

They do get the blood pumping for a while though. :p ya never know what the next one might be.

Latest posts