QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Rush said:
Heatho said:
What are you inferring by asking such a question?

Members here have full access to all discussions, the are no private sections for full members.

Hello Heatho,

I read on AEGPF site that there was to be a private section for QED owners and was not referring to this site.

I agree with Bogger why not owners assist one another on an open forum as this thread is displaying.

Well you did ask if Doug from this site was going to set up an "exclusive" QED owners section. Bit of a mystery why you would ask that??

Doug (Tathradj) is not affiliated with the other forum you mentioned. So no we are not setting up any such exclusive sections. ;)

Heathrow,

From where I sit, Rush did not mention THIS forum at all...He asked about HIS (Doug's) forum:

Rush said:
Thanks davent.

Has Doug on his forum setup the private QED users section for exclusive use by QED owners yet, which no doubt will allow each owner to assist one another on how best to set & operate his or her QED?

This could turn into 20 paces at dawn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1488103748_100_61721.jpg

Settle down everyone, lol.

I read it as Doug from Aust electronic detector site , not this one. No harm done.
The answer is yes, Doug opened a owners site, where the learning curve could be shared among users of the QED without interruptions from people who just want to stir the pot, and also so that users can go to one thread and find answers quickly for their questions, no elitism or snobbery involved. Anything interesting or relevant I'll post here for all.
Cheers, Dave.

One interesting point that has come up, is a couple of standout coils, neither of which I have! 18" NF advantage is one that seems to excellent and the other is the Sadie. Both coils getting great results apparently, both run stable and quiet.
I have 3 nf evo,s now, a 14x 9 a 12 and a 15. I also have a 14x 9 advantage. I will give it a run, but I really want to get the evo,s going on the QED, I'm sure they will kill it, sooo sensitive. I have heard that the 11" CT elite is doing well also.
I think in the hotter ground, the flatwound coils are a just a bit to sensitive, maybe run them a little higher off the ground? If that's the case, I will need to compare closely to my gpx , I know it finds small gold with the evo,s.
I will try the 14*9 adv on both machines.....still only have the one shaft ATM though....

Dave I found the evo s gave some trouble on some ground in the GT I was told to back the mode to 8 ended up running mode at 6 and found the coil and detector ran quiet well. I put a 11 commander mono on the other night detecting under power lines, detector ran reasonably stable managed to pick up a shot gun pellet was happy with that result. I was using the head phones that I use on my 45 but are finding the threshold very low running the volume at 85 or max ,it would make it nice if it had a ground balance button regards john :)

I tried both ways ,I found using the bias that the threshold was no very stable on the lower and higher end ,so I used it the other way halve the difference add it to the lower end all was well except you have to crank the volume up to max to get a threshold :)

A few months ago we had the opportunity of testing different Spiral Wound coils on our Minelabs. We tried 12 inch nf, 14x9 nf and 11 inch detech. We both found 14x9 nf than quieter than the 12inch nf but the stand out coil was the 11 inch detech. Both of us bought the detech. In a recent trip over Vic at wederburn another friend of mine had problems of noise etc with the 12nf. The detech in same area ran smoothly. If I invest in a QED. I will be using the Detech for sure I also have a Sadie and a Six inch Coiltek coils to use in my arsenal.
Still debating whether to take the plunge and lash out.

neddy said:
A few months ago we had the opportunity of testing different Spiral Wound coils on our Minelabs. We tried 12 inch nf, 14x9 nf and 11 inch detech. We both found 14x9 nf than quieter than the 12inch nf but the stand out coil was the 11 inch detech. Both of us bought the detech. In a recent trip over Vic at wederburn another friend of mine had problems of noise etc with the 12nf. The detech in same area ran smoothly. If I invest in a QED. I will be using the Detech for sure I also have a Sadie and a Six inch Coiltek coils to use in my arsenal.
Still debating whether to take the plunge and lash out.

Not wanting to stray off topic but I wonder is a "quieter" coil better or is the noisier one seeing things the other cannot ? Every signal could be yellow ;)

interesting about the detech, thanks for sharing the info.
wonder how the 8" detech would go?
The one issue that worries me with my QED, is the Threshold.
I can run it it in the null, and use the volume, but only just achieves a threshold, but using the bias/vol method, I find it very difficult to maintain a stable threshold where a target is obvious above the rest of the chatter.
Early days yet....

Quieter coil is easier to distinguish faint good signals. Noisy coils can hide good signals in amongst noise.Too much noise will soon give you fatigue and your concentration will reduce increasing chances of missing faint good signals.

I do not have one the QED I was using was a loan from GSA ,had some trouble to start with but once that was sorted it was 100% better to use.I have decided to hold off getting one and get one when a ground balance button is added ,I tried it under power lines with a 11" commander I was surprised how well it handled it ,even managed to pick up a shot gun pellet regards john :)

I will try and get out soon, I have mine mounted on my 4500 shaft ATM, so still need to get a new shaft so I can use both detectors.
I have some permission to hit some promising ground, cyclones gone now, so still a bit wet.

Latest posts