QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you guys are setting up your machines with bias, and threshold are you using buried test nuggets. When I normally use my detector (minelab gp) I use a test nugget to set my machine up. I also stop during the day and do the same a number of times to make sure settings suit the present conditions.

DAVENT, glad ya jigger arrived.

I got some goodies and set it up like Reg or James set up, forgot where I seen it. ( THANKS POSTER )

By jingo that rs 160 system has ample audio.

And some extra time between charging, half the weight too. LIPO BATT

Yep I coppied one of the above mentoined.

1487942527_batt.jpg
1487942576_hearing_aid.jpg

Been busy for a few weeks, I will go and snag a few bits in the morning.

8" Commander on.

neddy said:
When you guys are setting up your machines with bias, and threshold are you using buried test nuggets. When I normally use my detector (minelab gp) I use a test nugget to set my machine up. I also stop during the day and do the same a number of times to make sure settings suit the present conditions.
I use a test nugget, a small one, 0.15 of a gram, but not buried.
During the day, I ground balance and check the bias everytime I start getting ground noise. Yesterday, in the hottest ground, that was about every ten minutes, but in other areas, maybe only once or twice. The bias can be affected by heat, and may need adjusting as the day warms up, but I havnt experienced that yet, as there is not much difference between the hottest and coolest part of the day where I live.
The ground balance needs to be much slower than a GPX,, but is easy to do.

davent said:
My mate and his Z.......3 bits to my nil! As usual.

Davent it would have been good if you could of had a chance to check your mate Z's nuggets with your QED before he dug them up.

The volume is kinda like a variable filter .. going up gives a narrow response and down gives a wider response .. good practice to do the bias again after adjusting volume i find. And if on real mineralised ground drop the gain ...
As tried to explain earlier Threshold is unlike a minelab or any other beasty ..very different.
You out with Adrian or Kerry mate ? Are you further down the bog track ?
Took my winch off .. and found the motor to be stuffed ..I could clean and repair but I need real assurance that it wont stuff up next time so .. new motor is on order.

Rush said:
davent said:

Davent it would have been good if you could of had a chance to check your mate Z's nuggets with your QED before he dug them up.

I did check one, no signal at all.

gef12 said:
The volume is kinda like a variable filter .. going up gives a narrow response and down gives a wider response .. good practice to do the bias again after adjusting volume i find. And if on real mineralised ground drop the gain ...
As tried to explain earlier Threshold is unlike a minelab or any other beasty ..very different.
You out with Adrian or Kerry mate ? Are you further down the bog track ?
Took my winch off .. and found the motor to be stuffed ..I could clean and repair but I need real assurance that it wont stuff up next time so .. new motor is on order.

Went out with Kerry at BC. Area he found the 3 bits is a large pushed area, shallow bed rock. GB 140. Tried 2 different thresholds, no joy.
Spoke to Howard for a good hour after wards and will try a few of his hints. Seems like a great bloke, and he was really helpful.
Bugger about the which, though pulling the troopy through that slop is a big ask.

davent said:
Rush said:
davent said:

Thanks davent.

Has Doug on his forum setup the private QED users section for exclusive use by QED owners yet, which no doubt will allow each owner to assist one another on how best to set & operate his or her QED?

Rush said:
davent said:
Rush said:
davent said:

Thanks davent.

Has Doug on his forum setup the private QED users section for exclusive use by QED owners yet, which no doubt will allow each owner to assist one another on how best to set & operate his or her QED?

What are you inferring by asking such a question?

Members here have full access to all discussions, the are no private sections for full members.

Rush said:

What are these QED's that exclusive / special :D :D :D I would have thought that owners could assist each other in an open forum like any other model detector :rolleyes:

Surely a few such as Dave will purchase and use and the results will either be good or bad ? Might be a gem and might be a lemon like any other new model item that is released for sale IMHO ;)

Heatho said:

Members here have full access to all discussions, the are no private sections for full members.

Hello Heatho,

I read on AEGPF site that there was to be a private section for QED owners and was not referring to this site.

I agree with Bogger why not owners assist one another on an open forum as this thread is displaying.

Rush said:
Heatho said:

Hello Heatho,

I read on AEGPF site that there was to be a private section for QED owners and was not referring to this site.

I agree with Bogger why not owners assist one another on an open forum as this thread is displaying.

Well you did ask if Doug from this site was going to set up an "exclusive" QED owners section. Bit of a mystery why you would ask that??

Doug (Tathradj) is not affiliated with the other forum you mentioned. So no we are not setting up any such exclusive sections. ;)

The idea of the private owners thread, is not snobbery, its so its not hijacked with irrelevant comments, so an owner dosnt have to scroll through pages and pages of comments to find the answer for their question, that's all, any relevant info I find I post here, but we are 3 pages deep, and that's cool, love the discussion, but if you wanted to see how I do my ground balance for example, you would need to read a few posts!

I took it that it was the other forum.
Happy to make this a sticky. :Y:
Doug
Too many Bloody Doug's around. ]:D
Oh, I will clean this out tonight. Again. :Y:

Tathradj said:
I took it that it was the other forum.
Happy to make this a sticky. :Y:
Doug
Too many Bloody Doug's around. ]:D
Oh, I will clean this out tonight. Again. :Y:

Sorry Doug for causing the confusion and my wrong use of wording and assumptions.