GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig'n-it said:
How did you go RM?

No good dam it :N: mind you I've picked up about 5 grams out of this place, no GPZ as yet. dam it certainly worked for his reward today :Y:.

Yeah the Z19 has been smashing it behind the scenes I received a photo just yesterday of a 200 gram nugget. I reckon all the boys over the dry season this year once the weather has cooled down will be digging loads of the yellow stuff with the 19.

We've had about 300mm of rain since Jan and up to 400mm in some places, so the ground is quite saturated.
Have found when the ground is uniformly saturated like it is now in many places the 7000 handles it remarkably well and often I feel a bit better in some areas?

Bugger waiting for the dry season, I'm hitting a few troublesome areas now before it dries up! :Y:

I found the 5.7 gram about 18 inches deep but could just barely hear it. I keeped on swinging over it and couldn't tell if it was ground noise or a real target. I played around with the threshold pitch and was surprised i could not hear it if i turned it up or down by 3 or 4 either way. I see operators bring up GPZ settings on this and other forums but most of the time they never put up the pitch level. I never thought the pitch would play a big part on hearing a faint target and only by 3-4.
I now have mine at 51 but it comes down to personal preference.
1487738907_img_9838.jpg

:D Very NICE Dude :D
Dont they just look Awesome with the holes in them :Y:
But me think you could find Gold with a paddle pop stick :D
Youself and Tryhard1968 are Gold MAGNETS ;)
Good Job :Y: :Y:

SC75 said:
PhaseTech said:
SC75 said:
Great vid PT. I'm just curious at what threshold level and threshold pitch you running at mate?
Thresh 27, pitch 50
I thought so PT. It sounds exactly the same as mine but my pitch is 52. cheers.

When coming up with the factory preset settings, 49 - 53 seemed the sweet spot through the wm12 module. When using headphones I drop it 2 numbers but occasionally wake up the ears by clicking +/- 1.

Nice gold btw :Y:

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this idea with you all as some may not be aware that there are coil protector ideas and products for the 14" Zed coil. As it's a fairly expensive piece of kit, it's definitely worth protecting!

I saw the professional coil protector on Mbasko's Zed last year (they are for sale online for around the $50 mark), but as I couldn't get hold of one in time I figured I'd put something together myself. It came down to four small velcro tabs and cutting the side piece off of a small plastic food container. This worked extremely well! There wasn't a scratch on that coil or logo after three full weeks of use.

As you can see from the pictures below, I also marked the detection lines in black underneath the plastic as to not wear off with the scoop. This also helps indicate those smaller targets when crossing detection fields.
1487752859_img_0067.jpg

1487753347_img_0069.jpg

The velcro attaches very well and is also washable without affecting the adhesive at all. It sits low enough (about 2mm off the coil) that I still managed to easily hear those Echidna nose sized bits in the scoop (the tiny sub 0.1gram ones that sit on the Echidnas nose tip on a five cent piece). The 90 lip on the back of the plastic sits nicely against the coil moulding and prevents all dirt from sneaking over the back edge. Any and all dirt will just generally slide right off when the coil is tipped slightly.

The only real con (if any) to this is that small sticks and bark can get caught in the small gap between cover and coil while swinging through scrubby areas, though the cover goes on and off so fast that something like that is fairly negligible considering what most coils go through.

All in all just something I thought I'd share. It's a good little weekend project that will keep that coil in good stead for many years to come!

Kindest regards,
Shauno

Thanks fellas and i gotcha PT ;) and i always use headphone no matter what. I just don't feel 100% confident if i'm not using them.

Great idea Shauno :Y: never thought of that one mate. It's a expensive machine so we got to take care of it for the long haul.

That's a ripper nugget Jen :D your son must of been on cloud nine with that one and I'm sure yourself would feel the same. I'm happy for you guys :D well done.

SC75 said:
That's a ripper nugget Jen :D your son must of been on cloud nine with that one and I'm sure yourself would feel the same. I'm happy for you guys :D well done.

Thankyou everyone..
And congratulations on those that have also done well with the GPZ7000

Yes he was happy,
And we are very proud of him..
When he first started going out with the new 19 inch coil.. he wasnt doing so good..
he never whinged and never gave up.. and of course with the hot weather he couldn't put much time on the ground.

in a burt out area, where detecting clubs have camped.. BANG! he pulled that one out..

He has done very well in the past in this spot.
But when they did the controlled burning, we were almost back over in W.A
Guess the nugget had his name on it :D and was just waiting for him to return.

1488061890_img_3225.jpg.1380d89486ba33c1013c1c4e663a9a43.jpg

Latest posts