Anyone know what this is?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked with that one.
Got to dig everything :D it's a ball breaker when you only walk a few metres and keep hitting a target, it's hard work but it can pay off in the long run.

Wow vesta match box ,... who'd a thunk it hey !
Top find SC75. 8) :p :cool:

SC75 said:
Goldpick said:
I think the lettering will be the key to identifying it, even if just partial word or manufacturer name - other than that, haven't got a clue. :)
What's the best way to clean it Goldpick? i tried with hot water and a toothbrush.

Maybe try a stiffer bristled brush, usually does the job on copper coins coated in black gunk over the top of the original green patina. Might just take several rounds of scrubbing, though shouldn't do too much damage - not sure what else to try.

I will give it a go Goldpick and B5MECH I will head back on the weekend and go over the whole area :)

These finds are the most important ones to me, I just love to think about the mystery and story of who owned these artifacts.

Good Job
Daggy

I found this today but not sure what it is.
It's heavy and seems like some sort of explosive device???
Anyone know what it is?
1494745539_img_0476_2.jpg

haha no chance. I found it on alluvial ground and gold pretty close by but wasn't too keen bringing it home.

Maybe AF not to sure mate? I didn't mess around with it. The area was worked in the late 1800s and they left a shitload of junk but no adits or shafts around, so no need for explosives unless they were blowing up surface area?? Don't know, it just seemed a bit dodgy taking it back home.