Deep creek gympie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No snakes seen today Yeah :p :p :p :p :p :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Just did a bit of digging and will process on another day.

Friggin hot...no water flowing near the pits...man that 'hole' I used to dig with Yobs, Len and Stevo is getting big...it is about ten times bigger than last time I saw it, months ago...so someone has been doing some serious earth moving.

The creek is so still with no flow, there is a ton of algal shit in the water...we need heaps of rain to flush it all out.

Nice to meet Luke today :) ...he did very well. Well done Luke!!

Thanks Mike.
Thank you for the perennial knowledge of that area; applicable to any digging area it serves

I might invest in the baseball catchers gear you had on today if i ever see a snake over 4ft through there. I'd say you'll have to bring some abseiling gear next time your there to get down that hole too.

Yeah its snake heaven down there atm......seen a sea shag fishing in there nek minet sea shag snakbar....
The pit is still giving up good gold.....some big rocks in there atm.

Oh man, I ended up there in early Feb when the 40'c day was burning everything up. Boy was it hot (and was I stupid) to be out there - even the snakes stayed underground.

Won't be doing that again but at least I got a good lay of the land for how the place is setup. Hoping to take a trip up end of March so I'll shot out closer to the time and see if anyone else is going to be around - wouldn't mind a local chat.

We returned home with nothing, not a sausage. I strongly suspect our desire to stay under the shade and do little digging had a lot to do with that ! :)

Here s hoping for some rain to flush that puppy out!

Latest posts