24 x 12 Evo NF.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries,...20" is my largest, so were i to buy a 'new' coil, i reckon i'd start with something like this...

[subscribed]

GGA

GGA. Couple of figures for you. .65--7.5 inches
1 Gm--11 inches
3.8 Gm--12.5 inch.
6.9 Gm--17 inch.
8.7 Gm--15 inch.
12. Gm--13 inch.
22 Gm--13 inch.
22 Gm--17.5 inch. Note, different shape/Certainly can change depth reading.
Note the Evo really starts "looking" around the 7-8 Gms. That of course is my own personal machine, not all fives are the same. I tried Quiet @ Gain 16 and stab. 14, but my best running was at Normal Audio, Gain 14 and Stab. 12.

Thanks Leroy..are those air tests?, or retrieved targets?, or a test bed sample?

I don't have 1/2 those settings on my raw old 4K lol...I usually run Sens. Smth, (in Enhance i have to drop gain too much imo), Deep audio, Gain 7-10 depending on ground and just 'off' stable threshold tone, and Slow sweep in Fixed tracking..bear in mind i started on the GPX so didn't get used to VLF or the SD series 'warbles', so im used to a smoother threshold/balance than some can operate at...

So for clarity sake...those are predetermined weights/depths which you got all?, but still unsure of the 'limits' of the coil?

Would that be a correct summation?

Yes GGA those weights and depths are predetermined, any weights between those that were tested, depths could be up or down depending on shape of target. I hope I'm not confusing you, targets were driven into solid ground on around 45 degree angle, similar to coiltek test pad.

Yeah i figured that about the bed when you said buried/undisturbed...good clue. ;)

That is to say, there is a possibility of even better performance beyond getting those pre-determined depths/weights. :D

:popcorn:

Gypsy

GGA. Yes there is a possibility, having my first run in the field today. Re the 12 Evo, I think with today's standards even 1-2 inches would be classed as substantial, but to wrap it up, I'm very happy with it and I know the ground coverage and the terrific pinpointing will be the icing on the cake.

:Y: ....and good luck out there today in the milder conditions... ;)

I look forward to reading your experiences.

Cheers

GGA, yes milder conditions but the EMI was terrible, I dug some targets but had to give it away. Friend with a 24 inch on a 45 could hardly run his machine so we gave it away a
All together.

I was going to make the effort today, until my TV started playing up...knew it was EMI ahead of the coming front...

Probably get out tomorrow...Thanks for the update

Thanks for the feedback Leroy, looks like it will be a winner in big open areas.
Bad emi and targets under a gram is the norm for the adelaide fields which is why the 12 and 14x9 Evos go so well on the 5000. Next quiet EMI day we get I have a few spots I need to swing the 19 evo.

Yes Nenad the EMI has been a bit touchy lately, I ran both coils for a, bit today and found the 12 Evo just that little bit steadier than the bigger 24,still had the odd spike.

PhaseTech said:
Thanks for the feedback Leroy, looks like it will be a winner in big open areas.
Bad emi and targets under a gram is the norm for the adelaide fields which is why the 12 and 14x9 Evos go so well on the 5000. Next quiet EMI day we get I have a few spots I need to swing the 19 evo.
Why not GPZ, 5000 handles EMI much better??

Latest posts