Materials for dryblower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Mike, yes the riffle's go in the opposite direction to a water sluice/banker.
That's the bit I'm not looking forward to making, the height and distance apart and shape needs to be right and apparently will vary between blowers. So I'm trying to come up with a way so they can be moved around easily.

If you are used to water processing, the dryblower is unusual.

Occasional_panner said:
G'day Mike, yes the riffle's go in the opposite direction to a water sluice/banker.
That's the bit I'm not looking forward to making, the height and distance apart and shape needs to be right and apparently will vary between blowers. So I'm trying to come up with a way so they can be moved around easily.

If you are used to water processing, the dryblower is unusual.
Hey Old Mate :)
If you need some pics or details riffle,s angle :ect
Give me a shout out ;)
IMO your build is lookin GOOD to me :Y: :Y:

Would love to make one but wouldn't know where to start! Think I would have to brush up on Qld laws before anything. Top efforts OP. And dam it, pics here would also be good for people like moiself to get ideas. Hooroo cobbers :cool:

Dirt Monster said:
Would love to make one but wouldn't know where to start! Think I would have to brush up on Qld laws before anything. Top efforts OP. And dam it, pics here would also be good for people like moiself to get ideas. Hooroo cobbers :cool:
1487315738_20170104_150445.jpg

1487315810_20170217_162911.jpg
1487315839_20170217_162945.jpg
I cant remember were this came from I would think Whroo-Rushworth area
1487315996_wp_20160205_003.jpg

:D :Y:

1487498764_hopper3.jpg

1487498784_blower_mesh.jpg

Need to work out how to mount the hopper, then make the riffle tray.
I think the mesh is an OK size, I had some on the garage roof, it looks knackered, but it's just surface rust.

OK I made the riffle tray and used the black cloth from reeds which the keene dry blowers use, so there shouldn't be a problem there.
I don't seem to have a hell of a lot of power in the air volume, the travel of the bellows seems to be similar to others, I'll fiddle with that and the valve I suppose.
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waoAeKZVR4c[/video]

Hey Dude :Y: the mesh looks the same as mine ( Keene 141 )
In the video ( above ) I to was a bit underwhelm :eek: I thought it would of had a lot more air movement :(
Keep at it you'll get there :Y: :Y:

I tried using a stiffer rubber valve, changed the size of the valve opening, with no difference.
Then I operated the bellows by hand and found it works much better if the bellows are raised fairly quickly, much faster that the wiper motor makes it run.

yeh, not enough ommph mate. I had a similar problem making the puffer style bellows. Does it work ok if you hand pump it fairly fast ?

You did check for air leaks yeh ?
The riffles trays sealed to the bellows box when fitted ?
The flap isnt allowing air out as it pushes up ?
The bellows is actually air tight ?

Hey B_G yeah, I checked all that, everything is fine apart from the power of it.
Operating by hand quickly it runs ok, so I'll just have to ditch the wiper motor.

That's a bugger I was hoping to use it this weekend. :(

Hahahaha at the rate you are going, your not going to get a chance to use it this summer.
As long as my gully stays dry, I have somewhere close you can test it out.

Latest posts