Steam cleaning coins, DOA Toasted uncleanable Penny's, Relics.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B5MECH

Laurence Male
Reaction score
Pulled the steam cleaner from storage to see if it would clean DOA toasted penny's, one of these link below :eek:
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/144793
That might be where it was bought from, not for use in shower recess unless you like working in a sauna :lol: :lol:
So finally put it to use that wasn't cleaning engine parts :rolleyes: :8
1487815253_ppp_001.jpg

1487815253_ppp_002.jpg

1487815253_ppp_003.jpg

1487815253_ppp_004.jpg

1487815253_ppp_005.jpg

Didn't expect much, the lower line second from left was like concretdirt on the head side :mad: :lol: :lol: I think it would work well on relics as well, I'd think military badges would benefit, got the dirt that a tooth brush can't without damaging the coin and the green one has a bit of a gloss :D :Y: the half penny is corroded bad, didn't expect it to remove it's growth as nothing other than annealing the coin will
Will definitely use it again, for the record those penny's were DOA TOAST they didn't come out perfect as they weren't good samples at all to test with :rolleyes: :p I need to find me a baked silver to try next, one like the shilling in post 14 below link :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=290155#p290155
The cleaner has a little nozzle attachment so point blank range steam cleaning :D :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
They came up nice B5...And still got there patena :Y: :Y: :lol:
I see some potential in it now :lol: :lol: was getting sick of tripping over it in storage Smokey, last time I lost a chunk of shin :mad: :lol: :lol:
Spent way less time than the tortured tooth brush scrub :rolleyes: :p
Maybe do ten at a time ;) I've wasted way too many hours toothbrushing :lol: :lol: time saver :Y:

Latest posts