Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
Anthony from Bayswater Vic

Been viewing the forum for a year now, thought i best join.
I have learnt a lot from the members posts, i thank you all.
I hope to learn a lot more, thanks. :) :)

G'day AUadict welcome, don't have to travel far with the Miners Den around the corner yet a little further to the fields. Good luck all the best.

Hi All

My 16 year old son started me off on the gold hunt when he wanted to go panning,then wanted a river sluice,then we turned it into a high banker, that became to much work.

He wanted a detector, so I got him a SD2000 and I got hooked and bought a 4500.

Now he is 18 and left the lot for me.

So I am hooked, sitting around the camp fire in the GT listening to the radio with a quite beer, the gold is a bonus.

I have been been detecting for about two years, only found three small pieces in the first year with an advantage coil, upgraded to the Evolution 17 x 13 when it first came out and have found twenty small nuggets since.

Bought the Elite 14 x 9 last week from Maryborough Gold Centre and found a .25 piece within a hour and 20 shot gun pellets.

Thank you for the replies, Anthony :) :)

G'Day Anthony, I like your prospecting / camping philosophy! If you're interested in day trips or overnighters, I'm keen to get out there as well. I'm in Burwood, I've been checking out a couple of spots in Creswick and researching Heathcote/Bendigo as well. Maybe we can organise a trip. I'm trying to find out if there's a folder on the forum where we can organise a meetup but can't seem to see one.

I've only had my 705 since xmas and I've got the prospecting bug. I also like making stuff in the shed. The attached pic shows a couple of different styles of pick that I've created and I do need somebody to test em out. Even if we can't organise a trip, if you want to take one to test, let me know and you can have one.

I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing - I'm not selling them.

Regards
Russell

1487756754_3654.jpg

Latest posts