Excalibur parts etc

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Been doing a few repairs on older units....

So feel free to as if you have any problems etc

Some repairs are simple enough others take a bit of work...

But have also made up some end caps and will have some spare Power Pod end-caps shortly as well as the Blue inserts for the Knobs...

Have 3 coils that I swap out on one of my Excals...

8" and A Sovereign 15 x 13 and WOT Coil 15"

The issue is that no connector is fool proof and they all suffer from UV and Salt Water and the USER :)

Have one mate that has had his for 18months and never had an issue with the connector - I take care but had a connector crack in the body after about 6 months....

Found some quality ones but way to expensive...

The other trick is to put a CTX Bulkhead in and then Use a CTX connector on the Coil lead... But it still comes back to the USER... And quality M12 8 pin connectors are not cheep...

YES - Quality CTX bulk head connectors and Plugs are also not cheep unless you buy in bulk... Last set cost me $70...

And as I am now Full time un employed, do not have the spare cash to buy lots of fittings that I may never use :)

But a special order can always be managed...

PS. 15"WOT on the dry and the 8" in the water OR around rocks :)

I have been using a 14x10 Excellerator coil on my Sovereign. Very nice. That would go great on an Excal I would think. Only weighs a little over 700g!

Latest posts