First go at dectecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi one and all,just a quick howdy to everyone and let everyone know I am pretty green at this but willing to learn from masters and novices on how to run this it to find any treasure thats there....just got myself a SDC2300 and itching to get started, live on the south coast and all the time in the world to learn....RT...

Hi Junkdog,
There is a saying you might hear in the detecting world "low and slow" and it applies to your Sdc VERY much so
Walk ssslllooowwww, like one small step every 4-5 second, keep the coil low as or on the ground
The SDC is a sensitive unit, and starting out on setting 2 would be my suggestion to a newby and working your way up the numbers as you get more experience.
Some guys never leave setting 2 and the proof is in the pudding with ounces found on the nice stable threshold you'll get with 2

Old timer workings are a great place to start out with the sdc and if there is any shales/slates protruding through the ground on the slopes above or below workings you will bag bits the old timers left behind.

There is no better feeling when using the sdc than a nuggy coming out of virgin decomposing shale rock
Good luck
Post pics of your finds, they keep everyone frothing for their next trip
:Y:

HI to the diggers.......Well my first time on the beach with the new SDC2300......had a fun couple of hours, findings, six hair clips, foil lid tops .zipper tags, small chains,odd bit of iron, and $10.00 and 35 cents in coins....so it works as per advertised.....I am happy..... :cool:

Crikey,
They are coming out of the woodwork now down this way. :D :D
Always welcome to get in touch with me.
Doug

So am I. ???
When I receive the information I am waiting for,
I will need a good show of fossickers for a
photo shoot.
And I will be inviting some friends from away.

Tathradj said:
I know. LOL
I do have some thing coming.
Just waiting on the powers that be. :rolleyes:

Just lock it in (a date) and the powers that be will know your booked out :D :Y: