Trashy sounds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was prospecting last week with a mate in a very trashy place every target I dug where bits of rusty metal and nails ..had enough for the day and started walking back to the car when I heard my mates machine go off sounds like he had hit a tin can blanked the machine out .he wasn't far from me I looked at him and said trash as Iv been hearing those sounds all day and every time I decided to dig one it was trash, anyway my mate decided to dig it and to Our surprise it turned out to be a 2.5gram nugget not even an inch in the ground ..got me thinking,how many of those Iv left behind since Iv started prospecting.. and how many people have walk straight past that nugget thinking it was trash..they say you should dig every target ?

There is bloke up here who gave me some great advice. He was known as the rubbish king. Last big he got was 6 oz, and he is a young bloke too.
He purposely targets around the old timers camps. He reckons they camped on the gold. He digs hundreds of nails,axe heads, sieve bits,horse shoes and the odd big nugget. Along with plenty of little ones. Most people don't work those areas because of all the trash, but he loves it, he gets excited when he he finds really old rubbish.

davent said:
There is bloke up here who gave me some great advice. He was known as the rubbish king. Last big he got was 6 oz, and he is a young bloke too.
He purposely targets around the old timers camps. He reckons they camped on the gold. He digs hundreds of nails,axe heads, sieve bits,horse shoes and the odd big nugget. Along with plenty of little ones. Most people don't work those areas because of all the trash, but he loves it, he gets excited when he he finds really old rubbish.
That is good advice I will be changing the way I prospect Iv probably left the retirement nugget behind a few times.. :rolleyes:

Latest posts