Nice old coin

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushpig

Jed
Reaction score
1487461932_2017-02-19_10.51.33.jpg

1828 Shilling found by the missus last weekend.
Sorry about the poor quality picture. I will try again later with a different phone.

Cheers.

Top quality find bushpig 8) :p :cool: ,can't wait to see it up close on both sides nice n clear now ! Lucky man havin a Missus with skills like that mate ! ;) :Y: :party:

Haha thanks silver and golddiggerart. Yeah she likes to show me up on most occasions. She found our first patch down here too and will never let me forget that one.
Might have to stop letting her take my 4x4 out and see how she goes in her mazda 3 haha.

Is that a fairly old coin for vic goldfields? When it comes to coins im lost.

Imo...anything pre 1850 is always a great score...$$ value or not.

Mind you, i prefer finding millions year old gold,...but when it comes to man-made, revert to above. ;)

Gypsy

Mate are you Sure that is an 1828?

I think what you have there is a Sixpence.... Can tell by the Diameter which would be 19 mm and weight 2.8 Grams...

Only reason I ask is because no 1828 Shillings were Minted they skipped that year...

http://www.coindatabase.com/coin_libras.php?pais=380

If it is a SixPence only 15.840 were minted...

Cheers Arthur

Thanks Wally I gave it a gentle scrub with a soft brush and water but it didn't clean up well.

Latest posts