kus TV

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its great, gunna be doing a few trips there and theres plenty of creek to pan

Native Dog Creek Gold Trip Day 2

Hey guys I've just finished up day 2s video of a trip out to native dog creek.

Ive added music this time, trying to improve my editing skills with each video.

Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of my mad editing skills lol

Camera fail. Hex pan review.

Hey diggers,

Was putting another video together but was way to hot out in the fields and my camera failed.

So i put a review of the hex pan i got for a present.

hope it helps.

I use a Sony Handycam, but the best closeup video settings, were for me attaching the wide angle lens (made for Sony cams) and using portrait mode. Works good on coins or just getting in close to wildflowers. Zoomed out all the way while moving in, touching the zoom slighly, helped in some situations.
Great first video editing mate!

Oh, you can use that 5 gallon bucket, the type which can hold a gold classifier pan on top, turn it upside down as a place to put your cam. I took a plastic bag taped around a one side half of styrofoam packing my DSLR camera came in, fit the video cam perfectly, only used a small hand cloth to pad the bottom. You can level a flat rock on a bank to get yourself panning in a stream.

I used this setup in front exercising, see how close and clear.

1487641535_exercise4.jpg

Didn't use the bucket here, only the holder. The wide angle lens is kept on and zoom out all the way with auto mode.

1487641635_exercise5.jpg

There is a little slope, put the cam on the septic cover, would be like placing on the stream bank rock.

1487641762_exercise6.jpg

Don't worry mate, your first video edit always looks good, because from there moving on to more professional techniques is then possible. Eventionally, adding still images along with video footage, recording speech over clips, slideshows, etc. As the old Chinese proverb goes, "the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step under your feet".

Mitchell's Creek Sunny Corner, day 2

Hey guys this is day 2 of Mitchell's creek found some more gold and even some covered in mercury.

Hope you enjoy.

Nice work! They are a good thing these 'crevice cleaners/suckers'...Ramjet is right...'dredge' is a buzz word.