Status of Creek reports at Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You definitely got the chunkier stuff, as. You've inspired me to get out there and try again!! I was only getting the finer bits...

Sluicingoose about 6hrs shovelling into the high banker total.
We also did a further 3hrs but the cons from those 3hrs went to my bros neighbour who has been saphire fossicking for years but never tried gold and has a disability stopping him from getting out, I'm pretty sure he will be happy with what he finds ;)

As were u the bloke setting up at the crossing?
If so it was nice to meet you and good to see you got some nice bits with the sluice

Hey guys, I'm planning on hitting up Tuena tomorrow. Just wondering if there's any advice that you could give? Just armed with some pans but keen to find some yellow :D.

hi fella's, just wondering if there is a caravan park in or nearest to tuena? any info would be great. thanks in advance :cool:

Hey 20 times the camp area at the a is besides the creek, pay at the general store at the top of the hill.
There are showers and toilets, take some $1 coins for the showers.
Powered sites are about $10 per night. BYO fire wood
Cheers Greg

There is a caravan park (no frills) at Tuena - $10 per night for powered site and $5 for unpowered. Toilets and showers are about 150m away from the main camping area and a hot shower will cost you $1 for 3 minutes.

Woops - didnt see the replies

20x
yes right on the creek at Tuena
$10 p/n with power or 5 no power. You pay at the store just up the road.
It is pretty well sign posted where to pay.
The camping ground is stone throw from the creek.

thanks for the help fella's, ive changed direction again and heading west for a while first. good to know that there for when the time comes, dieing to sample that area

Hi all,

Anyone know from experience what Tuena may be like with the rainfall they have had?

Looks like they have had at least a couple ml each day this week with 15-25ml predicted tomorrow.

Has anyone been to Tuena recently who can advise what the water levels are like ?

a) Is it 2 - 3 feet deep everywhere

B) A few inches deep on average with the odd deep pool

C) mostly dry and barren with only stagnant pools to wash from

Any takers ?

CreviceSucker said:
Has anyone been to Tuena recently who can advise what the water levels are like ?

a) Is it 2 - 3 feet deep everywhere

B) A few inches deep on average with the odd deep pool

C) mostly dry and barren with only stagnant pools to wash from

Any takers ?
2 weeks ago it was probably B a few inches deep on average with the odd deep pool.

Managed to get out for a fossick for the first time in months. Here's a pic looking down river from the Ford. No flow at the moment.

1522545071_tuena_ford.jpg

Can anyone tell me if Tuena has seen any rain lately or what the river is like? Hoping there's more water than in the update from April. Wanna take my brother and his kids for a pan this weekend.

Cheers :Y:

Latest posts