You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#26

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 12:50 am

B5MECH wrote:

Someones telling fibs silver ops sauce isn't juice and juice isn't sauce and only milk and juice come in 2 liters lol lol lol roll
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … =5295&p=83
If you feel like giving it away I believe Dan deserves it more than anyone, he's killed it again but isn't in an area to find PD's big_smile thumbsup

Is this the one you mean B5
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 89#p303389
only mention is citric, not LJ. big_smile


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: B5MECH

#27

B5MECH
Member
From: Yamums, NSW
Joined: 25 January 2016
Posts: 3,150
Member
19 February 2017 12:52 am

Very bottom post about sauce thumbsup how did you get the link to go to the exact post yikes
It's supposed to be tomato sauce big_smile

Last edited by B5MECH (19 February 2017 12:56 am)


A Crystal Ball....a Magic Wand....a Weegie Board....two Dowsing Rods
..............................And lots of Bee's.................................

1 user likes this post: silver

#28

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 01:01 am

B5MECH wrote:

Very bottom post about sauce thumbsup how did you get the link to go to the exact post yikes
It's supposed to be tomato sauce big_smile

Open the exact post# first, then copy the https link ,... then when you paste the link in it will take you right to the post # instead of the thread page.
.
now play with your new found knowledge B5. thumbsup wink party devil


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

2 users like this post: B5MECH, Smoky bandit

#29

B5MECH
Member
From: Yamums, NSW
Joined: 25 January 2016
Posts: 3,150
Member
19 February 2017 01:04 am

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … =5295&p=83
Only milk and juice come in 2 liters big_smile not sauce yikes should be tomato sauce roll lol lol
That's got me buggered roll still didn't work sad
Your magic silver lol lol lol tried three times but always ends at the top roll

Last edited by B5MECH (19 February 2017 01:13 am)


A Crystal Ball....a Magic Wand....a Weegie Board....two Dowsing Rods
..............................And lots of Bee's.................................

1 user likes this post: silver

#30

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 01:12 am

B5MECH wrote:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … =5295&p=83
Only milk and juice come in 2 liters big_smile not sauce yikes should be tomato sauce roll lol lol
That's got me buggered roll still didn't work sad
Your magic silver lol lol lol

You have to right click on the post number if using a computer and choose open, or touch and hold on the post number if using a phone, and choose open when given the choices menu. big_smile

Last edited by silver (19 February 2017 01:12 am)


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: B5MECH

#31

B5MECH
Member
From: Yamums, NSW
Joined: 25 January 2016
Posts: 3,150
Member
19 February 2017 01:14 am

Ahhhhhhh got it now roll lol lol lol thumbsup
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 89#p303489


A Crystal Ball....a Magic Wand....a Weegie Board....two Dowsing Rods
..............................And lots of Bee's.................................

1 user likes this post: silver

#32

7.62marksman
Member
From: On the road, NSW
Joined: 26 July 2016
Posts: 8,470
Member
19 February 2017 01:17 am

finally lmao well done


Confucius says Before you embark on a journey of revenge "Dig two graves"

4 users like this post: B5MECH, silver, Smoky bandit, Danny13

#33

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 01:18 am

We shall wait in obeyance B5 to see if the magic words "Lemon Juice" will yet appear ,... dont be discouraged at all, if nothing can eventuate then you'll be near enough ! ,... but only time may yet tell as words and posts unfurl. smile 8)


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: B5MECH

#34

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 07:23 am

In all the excitement, and what, with falling asleep n all, and being forgetful hmm , not only did I forget to take the 24hr 92.5% silver coin in LJ photo on time yikes , I then forgot to post it (ha)
So here it is, taken and thumb rubbed around 10:30 pm last night
can't really see it leaching anything into the surrounding fluids

1487449018_20170218_224920.jpg
getting a little better
looks like its holding its patina at this stage. wink
1487449062_20170218_225232.jpg
but I threw it back into the LJ to see how it goes next rub. big_smile


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

#35

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 07:35 am

I see ,.... getting juicy (all this saucyness) ,.... but, there's still a chance of barking up the wrong tree (one way or the other), so I'm still waiting
it out thumbsup big_smile thumbsup to see. 8)

Last edited by silver (19 February 2017 07:37 am)


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

#36

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 08:19 am

B5MECH wrote:

Someones telling fibs silver ops sauce isn't juice and juice isn't sauce and only milk and juice come in 2 liters lol lol lol roll
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … =5295&p=83
If you feel like giving it away I believe Dan deserves it more than anyone, he's killed it again but isn't in an area to find PD's big_smile thumbsup

But Dan does find them B5 tongue
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 15#p252115
lol


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

#37

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 5,476
Member
19 February 2017 08:47 am

B5MECH wrote:
silver wrote:

RKT, Silverfox, Jasonc2861 have all mentioned LJ over time (so I have just seen), but, Pete The Prospector was first to mention LJ on PA on the 27th of December 2012 at 6:57am.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … d=602#p602
this is not to denigrate anyone at all, just to be informative, since I started having a little look myself. 8) tongue

It's the most common way a coin collector will clean coins and it's everywhere on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psGVRVF6rK4

Yep ...utube...thats where i got it from tongue


No pain No gain..

2 users like this post: silver, B5MECH

#38

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 3,304
Member
19 February 2017 10:10 am

No worries their B5 And silver . Top idea , just pm me to send the coin to a good home smile thumbsup


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

2 users like this post: silver, B5MECH

#39

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
19 February 2017 12:48 pm

silver wrote:
Greenhornet_au wrote:

Hi guys, hey Silver I thought I had suggested the LJ when I asked about the CAB process.

Interesting comparison there, and 'pressing' into BiCarb, VERY interesting - the search continues .......

My tumbler had a contamination issue so I have not used it for awhile, fixed now so I will try some
Dec coins in it for a clean soon.

Used CT18 for the decontamination - awesome job.

Sorry Gh, I'll have to look that up now ,.... but Smokey did go through the process independently, and went on to discover it worked for him, appologies that my mind doesn't stretch too far Gh when it comes to bringing forward tangible memories for the moment at hand ,.... let's find the post where you suggest LJ and link to it from here, would be on my "Todays hunt results" thread ,.... first to find it and place the link on here properly will get a blackened 50% silver 6d worthy of trying in LJ to clean up, one that wouldn't respond any other way, and I'll pay the postage too ! wink
well, I bet this won't take long (I can think of a few short cuts, but I won't say) lol
I could be incorrect about it being on my thread too. yikes 8) party

Guys its all cool, and I'm not being funny about it, as what benefits one, benefits all as far as I am concerned.

The CA I use is far more concentrated (Industrial Grade) than the Coles bought stuff, so a milder form is LJ, but LJ is stronger that the store bought CA.
Other alternatives - Lime Juice, Orange Juice (acidic variety), Mandarins, Grapefruit, Tomato Juice - Citrus fruits that are acidic to your tongue, may all work with silver coins.

Silver, PM me some postal details and I will happily send you a sample of the Industrial CA to trial if you wish.
You to Smokey.

Or for that matter anyone. smile

It was in a PM Silver, me in response to your answer re CAB - 22 January 2017 09:42 am

Ohh is that all it is, Citric Acid, I have about 10kg of it, I use it for brass case tumbling in my shooting interests.
About a tea spoon into 4L of warm water with a squirt of dish liquid detergent, tumble in pins for about an hour, water rinse, and then metho rinse, air dry.

Bought 120kg bulk and passed it on at a lot less than Supermarket costs to others on another forum.

Have not used it on silver coins, but on other metals it can be brutal.

As you would know a milder form is just lemon juice.

Will read a lot more on the techniques used with it

However I just fixed an issue with my tumbler and found that an industrial cleaner may work too, I will trial some before
I post anymore on that front wink

Last edited by Greenhornet_au (19 February 2017 12:54 pm)


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

1 user likes this post: silver

#40

B5MECH
Member
From: Yamums, NSW
Joined: 25 January 2016
Posts: 3,150
Member
19 February 2017 01:08 pm

silver wrote:
B5MECH wrote:

Someones telling fibs silver ops sauce isn't juice and juice isn't sauce and only milk and juice come in 2 liters lol lol lol roll
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … =5295&p=83
If you feel like giving it away I believe Dan deserves it more than anyone, he's killed it again but isn't in an area to find PD's big_smile thumbsup

But Dan does find them B5 tongue
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 15#p252115
lol

lol lol lol That's the only one he's ever found silver sad cry the area he lives in is so built up over a long period the only way he can find one
would be to go to Smokys and pilch his roll sad sad sad


A Crystal Ball....a Magic Wand....a Weegie Board....two Dowsing Rods
..............................And lots of Bee's.................................

2 users like this post: silver, Smoky bandit

#41

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
19 February 2017 01:09 pm

So I am led back to my marinade and sauce theory now it has been brought up again.

No time to test it but, they are usually laden with.... tomato acids or CA from fruits so may really do the job but take time,
tinned tomato sauce (for pasta) or juice too, probably best bets.

I think it would would be great to find a 'paste' to do the job that would simply rinse off with water, or a gel block you could push the coins into
and have them chemically stripped of all the rubbish without base metal damage.

All for one, one for all guys.

And, these idea's have been around for many years, since before our grandparents, so I would not be surprised that everything was discussed long ago.


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

1 user likes this post: silver

#42

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
19 February 2017 01:14 pm

Smoky bandit wrote:

Lemon juice mate..i just used the yellow bottle from woolworths...24hrs and they just wiped clean with the thumb thumbsup

Check the label for 'contents', you will likely find it is mainly CA as the 'real' juice would go off on the shelf.
What it important is the solution mix by percentages of volume.

I thought you had used real LJ.


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

#43

silver
Member
Joined: 19 December 2013
Posts: 18,111
Member
19 February 2017 01:29 pm

Greenhornet_au wrote:
silver wrote:
Greenhornet_au wrote:

Hi guys, hey Silver I thought I had suggested the LJ when I asked about the CAB process.

Interesting comparison there, and 'pressing' into BiCarb, VERY interesting - the search continues .......

My tumbler had a contamination issue so I have not used it for awhile, fixed now so I will try some
Dec coins in it for a clean soon.

Used CT18 for the decontamination - awesome job.

Sorry Gh, I'll have to look that up now ,.... but Smokey did go through the process independently, and went on to discover it worked for him, appologies that my mind doesn't stretch too far Gh when it comes to bringing forward tangible memories for the moment at hand ,.... let's find the post where you suggest LJ and link to it from here, would be on my "Todays hunt results" thread ,.... first to find it and place the link on here properly will get a blackened 50% silver 6d worthy of trying in LJ to clean up, one that wouldn't respond any other way, and I'll pay the postage too ! wink
well, I bet this won't take long (I can think of a few short cuts, but I won't say) lol
I could be incorrect about it being on my thread too. yikes 8) party

Guys its all cool, and I'm not being funny about it, as what benefits one, benefits all as far as I am concerned.

The CA I use is far more concentrated (Industrial Grade) than the Coles bought stuff, so a milder form is LJ, but LJ is stronger that the store bought CA.
Other alternatives - Lime Juice, Orange Juice (acidic variety), Mandarins, Grapefruit, Tomato Juice - Citrus fruits that are acidic to your tongue, may all work with silver coins.

Silver, PM me some postal details and I will happily send you a sample of the Industrial CA to trial if you wish.
You to Smokey.

Or for that matter anyone. smile

It was in a PM Silver, me in response to your answer re CAB - 22 January 2017 09:42 am

Ohh is that all it is, Citric Acid, I have about 10kg of it, I use it for brass case tumbling in my shooting interests.
About a tea spoon into 4L of warm water with a squirt of dish liquid detergent, tumble in pins for about an hour, water rinse, and then metho rinse, air dry.

Bought 120kg bulk and passed it on at a lot less than Supermarket costs to others on another forum.

Have not used it on silver coins, but on other metals it can be brutal.

As you would know a milder form is just lemon juice.

Will read a lot more on the techniques used with it

However I just fixed an issue with my tumbler and found that an industrial cleaner may work too, I will trial some before
I post anymore on that front wink

(HA), that's why I couldn't find it in a search Gh, I new someone would find it somewhere, mate, ain't it great you could pluck that out of almost nowhere (ha), looks like I better post you a 6d as well as Dan on behalf of B5 ,..... and yes ,... all for one, and one for all ! wink tongue cool will do my PMs when I get home from the party at the beach tonight fellas. big_smile thumbsup


What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: Danny13

#44

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
19 February 2017 01:44 pm

LOL

It's all good Silver, I'm not one of those sticklers, if you know what I mean.
Being a Mod on another forum does teach some tricks to finding things quickly.

Let me send you some of my CA first, and you may consider sending Kato a coin if you wish to, she would 'fall over' with that. wink

I find metal cleaning such a wonderful challenge, and with my other interest it is important not to leech out alloy components,
with coins of course you dont want to lose the base metals detail, that is so cool and difficult too.
Terrific challenge.

But I have an idea....., it concerns ICE.

Nobel metals are very stable.

I have found that modern plated DEC coins dont like CA at all in a tumbler. Oops....


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

1 user likes this post: silver

#45

Danny13
Member
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 3,304
Member
19 February 2017 03:21 pm

You can give the 6d to hornet silver . I will hunt during tonight's storms and hope for the best , rest assured plenty of goldies will be found if all else fails !


GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

1 user likes this post: silver

#46

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
19 February 2017 03:48 pm

Danny13 wrote:

You can give the 6d to hornet silver . I will hunt during tonight's storms and hope for the best , rest assured plenty of goldies will be found if all else fails !

Hey ya Danny, if Silver passes it to you, you have to learn to clean them, so it is then an experience, it also means that you
will learn to recognize them instead of accidentally passing them off as dirty 5c pieces in the shops. LOL

I have found a few in change, in the past, and we have one or two hanging around here. thumbsup

We are about to go and chase some now in a park, wish us luck, Kato will likely beat me again !

1487479608_keep-calm-and-eat-chocolate-1004.jpg

Last edited by Greenhornet_au (19 February 2017 03:49 pm)


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

1 user likes this post: silver

#47

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 5,476
Member
19 February 2017 04:04 pm

Greenhornet_au wrote:
Smoky bandit wrote:

Lemon juice mate..i just used the yellow bottle from woolworths...24hrs and they just wiped clean with the thumb thumbsup

Check the label for 'contents', you will likely find it is mainly CA as the 'real' juice would go off on the shelf.
What it important is the solution mix by percentages of volume.

I thought you had used real LJ.

Close enough to real for me...Does the job well...Dont think you would see a noticeable difference between real or this stuff thumbsup 1487480673_20170219_145900-600x800.jpg


No pain No gain..

2 users like this post: B5MECH, silver

#48

B5MECH
Member
From: Yamums, NSW
Joined: 25 January 2016
Posts: 3,150
Member
19 February 2017 04:09 pm

Smoky bandit wrote:
Greenhornet_au wrote:
Smoky bandit wrote:

Lemon juice mate..i just used the yellow bottle from woolworths...24hrs and they just wiped clean with the thumb thumbsup

Check the label for 'contents', you will likely find it is mainly CA as the 'real' juice would go off on the shelf.
What it important is the solution mix by percentages of volume.

I thought you had used real LJ.

Close enough to real for me...Does the job well...Dont think you would see a noticeable difference between real or this stuff thumbsup https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 00x800.jpg

And that's 2 liters at 99.9% roll only thing missing is the rind and seeds lol lol lol lol tongue


A Crystal Ball....a Magic Wand....a Weegie Board....two Dowsing Rods
..............................And lots of Bee's.................................

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, silver

#49

Smoky bandit
Member
Joined: 05 April 2016
Posts: 5,476
Member
19 February 2017 04:12 pm

B5MECH wrote:
Smoky bandit wrote:
Greenhornet_au wrote:
Smoky bandit wrote:

Lemon juice mate..i just used the yellow bottle from woolworths...24hrs and they just wiped clean with the thumb thumbsup

Check the label for 'contents', you will likely find it is mainly CA as the 'real' juice would go off on the shelf.
What it important is the solution mix by percentages of volume.

I thought you had used real LJ.

Close enough to real for me...Does the job well...Dont think you would see a noticeable difference between real or this stuff thumbsup https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 00x800.jpg

And that's 2 liters at 99.9% roll only thing missing is the rind and seeds lol lol lol lol tongue

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol thumbsup


No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: B5MECH

#50

B5MECH
Member
From: Yamums, NSW
Joined: 25 January 2016
Posts: 3,150
Member
19 February 2017 04:24 pm

Greenhornet_au wrote:

Hi guys, hey Silver I thought I had suggested the LJ when I asked about the CAB process.

Interesting comparison there, and 'pressing' into BiCarb, VERY interesting - the search continues .......

My tumbler had a contamination issue so I have not used it for awhile, fixed now so I will try some
Dec coins in it for a clean soon.

Used CT18 for the decontamination - awesome job.

.............................WARNING NOT FOR USE WITH CHOCOLATE COINS....................................................
if staining occurs add warm milk, sugar, 1 cup of cooked rice, tumble for 20 minutes , pour into bowl, serve with fresh strawberrys lol lol ops

Last edited by B5MECH (19 February 2017 04:24 pm)


A Crystal Ball....a Magic Wand....a Weegie Board....two Dowsing Rods
..............................And lots of Bee's.................................

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, silver

Top