Another newbie from Batemans Bay

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbayjohn

John
Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have been reading your forum and trying to learn a trick or two at finding gold. I see there are a few members in the area. Maybe we could have a mini get together down at the local. I don't own a detector yet, we have been hiring one from Detect A Den. We have found many bullets in mogo state forest and a few tec screws as well. Some poor bugger must of lost a packet of them. The tec screws were hidden so well, it really had us going for a moment. :eek: :( I'm intested to hear your stories and finds down here on the south of Nsw.

John

Welcome John. It's not a bad way to select a detector i.e. by hiring different ones, it will give you a hint as to which one suits your needs.
Have fun.
Jaros ]:D

Hi Jaros, Has been fun hiring different units and running them over a few of the old mines & creeks in the area. We haven't had any luck yet finding gold but we have found a very nice quartz crystal.

We are starting to form a bit of a crowd down here on the Far South Coast.
Quite a few of us haunt Mogo for a Mojo at times. :) :)
I buy all my gear from Detecta Den.
If you find a way to make the Yellow stuff appear on a more constant scale,
We all would like to know about it.
Welcome to the Forum.
Doug

Welcome to the forum, I am from Wollongong but spend most of my detecting time in Mogo with a few great blokes, great part of the world down there, again welcome
Cheers
Jamie

Hi Doug
We went for a walk & pan down at Kellys creek yesterday. No yellow but plenty of blood sucking leaches.
1487475283_img_20170218_164459.jpg

jamie said:
Welcome to the forum, I am from Wollongong but spend most of my detecting time in Mogo with a few great blokes, great part of the world down there, again welcome
Cheers
Jamie

Thanks for the warm welcome Jamie. It is a great part of the coast with
1487476292_img_20170218_172611.jpg
so much to discover.

Latest posts