Metal Detector Hire Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not 'really' the unit to use for gold hunting...

You'd need the GPX range for best results..

GGA

hey i was thinking about hiring a detector off an old mate he has a 5000 i was wandering if anyone knew anything about setting it up to the correct frequency or if i should try to find a 7000 to hire. id rather deeper pockets as i dont mind the hard yacker. if anyone has knowledge on this topic please feel me in as i am studying today also if someone need information on a topic im a pretty good investigator feel free to ask. also i need help reading the minview map there are alot of good gold opportunities but i want to learn the ins and out as i have come to the understanding that there are some people who follow and track the lone prospector. i have no fear of these people as i am well trained in bush survival and taught my self a thing or 2 about reconnaissance, spotting and tracking i dont like trapping hahaha :cool:

If your driving around to different spots get the 7000 its a bit easier to find some. If your going to hike get the 5000 its much lighter. Just my opinion

Looks like the only defectors for hire are SDC2300's or GPX4500/5000's.
A lot of places stopped hiring due to theft so it's unlikely you'd find a GPZ or GPX6000 on hire (or even a fairly new SDC or 5000?).
You might be able to find someone doing Training Days or Tours that offer the use of one of them as part of the deal?

Digger96 said:
Are there any prospecting businesses in Victoria hiring out either of these detectors?
I want to try before I buy, with a 3 0r 4 day midweek tryout in the GT. :D

No chance of a 6000, dealers can't get enough stock to supply the growing waiting lists .... 7000 - too many got stolen with fake ID's so buckleys chance there, SDC and GPX 4500/5000 almost all will hire them out (or the Gold monster).

Might be lucky to find someone who does training with the 7000 but only gives you the one day not 3 or 4 that you want.

Could try to tag along on a club or PMAV Branch outing, pretty sure most of them will have a member that has one or the other.

Latest posts