At Pro hassles - can any one help?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie Daz

Darryl Rowley
Reaction score
Hi Folks. I have an AT Pro and the machine seems to stop detecting at times. The face shows values but there's no activity if I pass it over a target. What cold be doing that?

Do you have a spare coil to see if another causes same problem? Make sure the batteries are touching the springs and that the springs are still springy..not squished. Make sure the coil thread is tight onto the box, when its loose it can make probs too
Got a vid of it playing up?

Hi Dan. You might try the factoy reset. If you have a costom program you will loose settings. Press & hold on/off for 10 sec. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Ive got a 4" sniper coil and that seems to be working ok. Ive also taken the garret extension for the 1/4" and connected the factor phones to the garret headphone connector. Seems to be working ok with the sniper. Might be the large coil. Ive unwrapped the coil cable from the detector altogether and nothing, not a sound. The detector is fired up ready to convey a signal, but pass a penny or any other coin past it and not a thing. I havent yet, but my son has an AT Gold so might try his large coil on the detector. That'll tell me if its the coil or not........same size coil. Anyway thanks for all your suggestions. I'll let you know how I go.

This has taken a long time to finalise but i found that the factory coil had died. I tried my sons spare at gold coil on the pro and it was great. So problem sol ved. Now im wwwwaiting for my replacement NEL coil to arrive....14.5x10.5 monster......hurry up please!!!!!!!

Latest posts