Boots for Prospecting, Hiking, Detecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of options there,
I don't know if these are the best, but they offer some protection, and are 100% metal free , blundstone non metallic.
1486906364_img_20170212_230048.jpg

Martin said:
They look great, what are the shoelace eyelets like quality and toughness wise?

Holding up well no signs of wear or cracks after i think about 12 months..I try to get out at least 3-4 times a week depending on weather and commitments.
Tread is starting to wear down a bit.
When they do die i will get another pair if nothing better is available.
Ck4fbMY.jpg

Stru said:
These north face shoes are metal free and on sale https://thenorthface.com.au/product/men-s-ultra-fastpack-2-gtx#CCE2
They will get a bit hot in summer being gortex/waterproof but they are comfy. I would have liked to get the fastpac 1 shoes that were not gortex but didn't have my size.
I had a similar style of expensive gortex bushwalking shoes but they didn't last. Only 12 months. They just fall apart with the harsh treatment detecting boots get. I now have the Olliver AT's and I'd highly recommend them. Will outlast the gortex style hands down.

I use redback and very happy with it.
Strong and comfortable .. I was worried about the elastic side but finely find it handy to put on -take off the shoes.
Maybe because I'm a lazy guy :rolleyes:

davent said:
Plenty of options there,
I don't know if these are the best, but they offer some protection, and are 100% metal free , blundstone non metallic.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6002/1486906364_img_20170212_230048.jpg

Been wearing these for a few months now.
I wear magnums at work, and have detected in my magnums quite a few times.
The magnums are way better, they do give off a signal, but you need to brush the boot with the coil.
The Blindstones have a weird sole, very springy, makes me feel "wierd" when walking. They are OK, but wont buy them again.

Some good info on boots, im going to the disposals tomorrow to get a pair. I found out detecting in thongs isnt a good idea, i dont mind the leaches ( there good for the circulation ) but not much protection from the jumping ants.

Luve it sm bandit!, thats what i wear if i can ,or go 2 wollies 20 bucks black slip on joggers

BigWave said:
Guys, as they say, "the rich buy once". The poor buy multiple times (and costs them more). Buy the best that you can afford and they may last you a lifetime.

There are truths in what you say BigWave as the saying goes.

A rich man will buy many tools of the same, A tradesmen will buy quality tools and look after them for a life time.

What u have ,n a go at me because there 20 bucks ps i dont set the price but i find them cofortable

Flatlander said:
What u have ,n a go at me because there 20 bucks ps i dont set the price but i find them cofortable

Not having a go at anyone if it's my post your referring to. $20.00 bucks is a bargain :Y: and if your comfortable that's all that matters.

Latest posts