New at this game

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jhbutch said:
Hi Revdog, have you tried out your highbanker yet?
Howdy. Yeah I've run it once. I put a few buckets of unclassified dirt through. It caught about 30 or sopeices of flour and flakey gold and lost 0 to the pan. Also put some dirt through from grabben gullen. Caught a lot of little blue, red and green sapphires in the mat. I have finished the aluminum one which is the same minus the gas struts. I ended up having to prop it up with bits of timber that I found.

Hillbillygold said:
Looks impressive Revdog but I noticed you have gas struts to lift the feeder box. Two thing you might want to consider is the struts won't last to long out in the field especially with the plunger arm facing up and second you will want to be able to adjust the angle of the box depending on the type of material you are putting through it so some type of mechanical adjustment that allows you to do this would be worth considering. Just my thoughts
I have fabricated a new aluminum one to the same dimensions minus the gas struts. They didn't work once the shovel of dirt went in. Other than that I worked really well. No gold lost to the pan

1486684756_img_1638.jpg

1486684756_img_1639.jpg

The photo are off my two home made highbankers.
I use a simple triangle slide to adjust the angle of the header box. it works well for me.
just a thought

Love it Rev :Y: :Y:
How much all up in materials used, looks like it'll be a cracker. Love the wash bars, good idea to let the bigger rocks wash a little longer before dumping.
It's winner i recon :D

Latest posts