Going wireless on SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1486803677_wp_20170211_19_27_18_pro.jpg

Yeah that $400 is 12 packs of cigarettes ...................... but they make you cough more than the price of a Pro Sonic :) :) :) :Y:

Bogger said:
Yeah that $400 is 12 packs of cigarettes ...................... but they make you cough more than the price of a Pro Sonic :) :) :) :Y:

Yep, giving up the smokes 6 years ago was not only great for my health but has also been great for my family life and detecting hobby. I used to smoke Winfield blue which are currently $26 a packet.

365 days x $26 = $9490..... so give up and in the first year you can afford a GPZ 7000.

154 days x $26 = $4004..... so give up for 5 months and you can afford a SDC 2300

95 days x $26 = $2470..... so give up for 3 months and you can afford a CTX 3030

2 weeks off the smokes is the price of a Pro Sonic... seems pretty reasonable to me.

The first year I was off the smokes I took the family for 5 days at Thredbo skiing and staying in a chalet on the snow. $4400

The second year I was off the smokes I took the family for a week at Thredbo skiing and staying in a chalet on the snow. $5600

The third year I was off the smokes I took the family on a 5 week caravaning holiday to FNQ. $5450

The fourth year I was off the smokes I took my 10yr old daughter on a daddy daughter trip to Cape York for 3 weeks and bought a SDC. $8950

The fifth year off the smokes I bought a GPZ 7000. $9450

This year I have now bought a CTX 3030 for $2450 and I still have $7200 in the kitty. I have been banking into a seperate account the money I would have spent on smokes per week. By geez it adds up quick and the missus doesn't care what I buy from that account as it's better than slowly killing myself with coffin sticks. :cool:

Today I compared my Bluetooth system to my old wired amplified twin shoulder speaker set up. The Bluetooth system using only one chest mounted speaker performed very well. It ran smoothly with no sign of any lag. The Bluetooth speaker had a volume control and I found I had to turn the volume down. It had a good tone and signals were easy to identify. I did find a small nugget 0.12g it gave a good clear signal I was detecting at Jupiter creek and had to put up with a lot of EMI. I tried my amplified wired system and found it wasn't as clear and signals were harder to identify.The amplifier gave a much louder signal but also more interference.

neddy said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../6979/1486785214_wp_20170211_13_47_13_pro.jpg

It works well. Only minor problem was rewiring adapter plug as minelab do not have conventional stereo wiring. It was a simple cross wiring soldering job. I can tuck the Bluetooth sender inside my detector protector cover and simply chest mount the bike speaker to my harness. The speaker gives out plenty of volume I tried it out on a test piece no sign of delay. I should get around ten hrs running time and can easily recharge sender and speaker with a 2200mah powerbank. :Y:
Can you show us what you did to rewire the the adapter plug.

The larger plug goes into nenads lead. The smaller into Bluetooth sender. I refer to red and green wires these are the colour of my wires used. Hope its not too complicated.

1487643351_wp_20170221_12_42_23_pro.jpg

Latest posts