XTerra 705 on Target

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Mr marksman. At least you're getting out there and having a swing.
This summer has put me in hibernation mode.
Any news on the landowner?
Did you end up going to Oallen over the weekend?

Yes mate went up on sat got home about 4
That hole you started when i got there you could park a car in it someone has been having fun
Tried to fill it in but gave up was getting to hot and when i left some one else pulled up so its probably been dug out again
Having trouble at work so have not had time to track him down will pm you when i do

No worries.
Hope all is good on the work front.
I thought it was fossicking etiquette never to dig someone else's hole. I guess they missed that memo.... Lol

I wasn't aware of it either until Tathradj pointed it out to us up in Tuena. He was showing us a few spots and there was a nice fresh hole there and told us all about it.

Yes i think that counts if you are camped there but once a week is a bit much to expect lol
The more its dug out the better the gold i get out of it so i dont mind if someone wants to do the work for me
Seems to be getting better the further down and back it goes

Ok. Keep it going then and when you hit that concentrated stuff pull up and give me a call.. Lol

We were planning on going there today but after seeing the forecast a few days back we decided to give it a miss. Still sitting on 33 degrees at the moment in Sydney.

Still 31 in my house rain and wind just started
The flakes seem to be getting bigger so i think we are close to the river bed where it has been untouched
i was down about a 1m
all it was was black sand mixed with gray lots of old rotting tree roots

Hi guys ,

It is a bit awkward when the park is busy , you feel a bit ashamed digging up good lawn ( even though a careful plug ) !

I like to hit the busy spots when it's raining . Not only is no one around ( not even council workers ) , but the ground is as soft as butter , and sticks together nicely when extracting your plug !

Good machine for coins , the 705 . The discrimination works superbly , but I don't use it , as Ive dug up many a piece of trash , and then a coin afterwards , who's signal was being masked by the nearby trash !

Happy hunting

Gunter

Gunter said:
Hi guys ,

It is a bit awkward when the park is busy , you feel a bit ashamed digging up good lawn ( even though a careful plug ) !

I like to hit the busy spots when it's raining . Not only is no one around ( not even council workers ) , but the ground is as soft as butter , and sticks together nicely when extracting your plug !

Good machine for coins , the 705 . The discrimination works superbly , but I don't use it , as Ive dug up many a piece of trash , and then a coin afterwards , who's signal was being masked by the nearby trash !

Happy hunting

Gunter
Yer mate...but the xterra runs with vflex technology (digital)They are not the same as any other vlf Detector...Use discrimination ...And trust it...it will save you alot of wasted digging.....Once you have lernt to use the id and sound ...threshold..sensitivity..And pinpoint sizing.. all in conjunction.....you will find the sweet spot..then very very rarely will a coin be masked by a rubish... :D

well it rained cat and dogs saturday so never got to go out not a happy chappy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Went out with a mate today for an hour and came back very happy
1487489844_100_61671.jpg

This is 10ct found about 100mm under the sand :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
1487489867_100_61681.jpg

all up was a good hours swing

Yeah winning :Y: :eek: :Y: FOM ring there M ;) those damn pepper pig things should be banned :mad: :N:
Looks like you went to the :rainbow: :party: park top job :Y: I'm fluro green with envy :rolleyes: :cool:

the one we went to was where he wanted to go i didnt think we would get anything
he found heaps as well including a 10ct diamong and ruby ring about 2m from where i was
what got me was i told him to look at the sand as it looked like a few people had been there and to start on the other end to me bugger i should have done the lot lol no couldnt do that to him it was his first time out with his detector must say he went home very happy as well

Latest posts