Relax folks, it's just my love probe.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Never had a problem metal detecting on the beach or prospecting out in the bush. Once you venture out into public parks, sport fields etc the public seem to be more critical. I used a variety of tools, my pistol probe seemed to draw the most attention after my dangerous looking digger.
After a dog walker very politely asked if it was a gun I was amused, a few weeks later I had a brief and tense encounter with the boys in blue, again the pistol probe causing me problems. I can see why manufacturers of probes are moving to bright yellow and orange.

So after some careful thought all my gear used in the suburbs has been sanitized, happy friendly colors leaving no room for misunderstandings..
A bit of paint and some decals and the pistol probe has transformed into the love probe. A great conversation piece.. it draws more attention now than it ever did.. a nice pink handle digger no fear.. color therapy. No camo gear, no camo clothing etc.. cause no offence.

I've had oval staff follow me and try and work out the spot where I recovered a target, without success. I use a brass probe, long calipers and leave no trace.. they just leave me alone. Sometimes it looks like they are itching to say something but they can't find an excuse.. so far so good.
1486519158_love1.jpg

I find the beach and bush far more relaxing, but sometimes I see an interesting urban location and it can be well worth the effort.
1486519174_love2.jpg

All the best,
Karelian

The trick is let no one see and no one will ever know there were coins there to start with :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My hunting suit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the plovers and bunnys follow me around now ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
1486521161_images.jpg

Can't even see the detector hey :p
I almost stood on a bandicoot the other night :lol: :lol: just couldn't see me 8) :lol: :lol:
So what are you finding?

Great kooking and functional gear Karelian65 ,it sure would grab some attention out among the public; the holster you have looks the goods to hold all of the tools, may I ask where you purchased it from?
Many thanks, SinHof.

Barbie Digger, I love it. Watch out Barbie has teeth..
1486527111_teeth.jpg

The holster is by Pit Bull, purchased many years ago on ebay.. Not sure but I think it is a 'drill holster', lots of new and improved models available on fleabay. Some require very few tweaks to fit our gear.
1486527358_bulldog.jpg

Latest posts