Geovic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have registered for Geovic map downloads but when I login I get nothing but a blank page with a notice saying it took too long to respond. I have tried a few times with the same result. Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Around here lately, Telstra have been letting it's customers down...(no i/net connection)

Tried resetting your comp.?

My system (laptop) does that sort of thing when either my Modem stick, or computer get to too high a temperature...sometimes followed by a shut-down.

Leave 5 mins, restart,..all good for me.

ymmv...

Cheers

When I tried to login at 4 am. today I was successful straight away. Moonlighting helps, maybe I will try detecting on PL. However once there I could only get towns and roads.but not the gold bearing gullies I was after,so I gave up.

Glad you got it sorted oldtimerROB....when you have some time, get back to it and have a bit more of a look (i haven't used it myself to offer instructions, but wait, 'cos someone here will i'm sure).

See if there is a 'HELP' function or even the search button and put in what you are looking for...

Perhaps do a search here for what your looking for, or how to use the site....i'm sure this won't be un-common.

You'll get there. ;)

Gypsy

Thanks Gypsy Gold Au. I have finally sorted it out and got all the gold beating gullies but they do not have names which is a bit of a bummer. Initially I had all the reefs but lost them and I have not figured how to get them back,but I did jot them all down on my hand drawn maps.The secret to getting the gullies is to click the green button on the top left and select them in the menu. One useful item is to also select Crown Land and it comes up grey on the maps.Very useful. Of coarse select also towns and roads, and streams if you want. I think why I had so many problems logging in is we are in an area of Ballarat which does not have NBN and our internet comes through a phone line.I found it is better to log in before 9 am before most users as if you log in in the avo with a slow internet you may not get on.

This is a really good guide, thanks for sharing.

I don't want to teach you guys how to suck eggs cause you obviously know lots about prospecting but I found it really frustrating how the coordinates at a set point can't be "frozen" so you can copy them into your clipboard.

So what I do is get the point that I want the coordinates for and put it just above the box where the coordinates are in. Then you move the mouse down into the box and it freezes the coordinates on that point so you can copy them and put em in Google Maps.

Maybe people already know this, just thought it was handy.

Good morning all,

I am trying to print a map off that I created in Geovic 3, I am new to this website but I have printed A4 off in the past without any problems.
The problem is when I select A3 size geovic generates a blank map with the message "No map available (the server was unable to generate the map)".
This only happens when I try to print A3, if I try A4 I have no problems it generates the map fine.
Anyone else had this problem before

Just following the aussies prospector video on how to with geovic and cant get past loading the map.
I have registered but this keeps coming up.
Could not create map engine geovic.arcims
undefined

I tried it in chrome do I need another program??
Any advice welcomed.

GT :)

nucopia said:
What are you using ipad desk top, laptop ?
It works for me on my apple ipad just lacks a few features from the desk top version.

Just my lap top . Like the others have said it might be the site. Ill try again later !!
Cheers

GT :)

It's a while back that I joined GeoVic but I'm sure I had issues with Internet Explorer so tried Firefox and it worked on that and that's what I've used ever since.

But as others have said it might just be down for a bit. Happens fairly regularly.

Latest posts