Deep creek gympie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes cecc heat stroke aint fun...
I will give you a history tour of town....round up a few bob and go to museum. ....

No it's not, had it in the Army once, doing a force march in Nth QLD somewhere, got so sick, thought I was going to die. That will be good Yobs.

Hi folks,

New to the forum and was hoping to tap some local Deep Creek knowledge before a weekend trip up there mid Feb.

I'm planning on bringing my homemade 5ft river sluice (what my kids call the Gold Whale) - like a Keene A52.

I wasn't planning on bringing any pumps etc. just lying her in the creek. Also bringing my bunnings gutter sluice too :)

Wondering if there is enough water or flow in the creek to run (20mm or 12mm riffles) or if its a must for the pump.

Hoping to find a little more than the 4 flakes we took out of Warwick with just the pans!

Might rain before then TGW, WITH THE COMMING FULL MOON. ;)
welcome to the forum too. :)

Cheers @silver, looks like I missed the thread talking about Deep Creek being dry. I must be blind. Fingers crossed for some rain then ... not too sure of my dry panning skills !

You fellas should be stockpiling your pay dirt from where you can't normally get it, to up higher on the bank where you can work it once the flow starts again ,... like in the olden days ! ;)

Yeah Silver true, the thing that turns us off is the heat, gets so hot there and no shade.

Need a excavator to do that mate..its all to deep...the easier gold is already up higher...in most spots ;)

Was it you who won it yobs :eek: :D ...wont be long and i go back to normal hrs at work..So hopfully get up there soon :D

Not me mate ....i went down and met up with a newbie and showed him how and where so i guess my teaching has reached expert level.... the fella was gobsmacked and has the fever bad....so i put him on to goldrat...sorry in advance Dustin the last few i sent you were special people....lol

1487834383_gold.jpg

Deep Creek today... Quite respectable for around 6-8 pannings.

.. Nice to meet you Mike :Y:

Latest posts