Underground Mines - Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Occasional_panner said:
What the hell are those weird things painted on the wall?

We don't know and would like to have the answer. They have been seen in a number of underground mines in the Ballarat area.

Berringa. The entrance to an adit bearing 10 degrees has reappeared , the earth that had been pushed into the opening has fallen reopening the mine. The adit drive is open for a couple of hundred metres and it is possible to climb up to the level above the main adit level walk along at this level and then climb back to the main level again.

Thanks for the tour of your adventures folks...:thumbup:

Do any of you actually mine for Gold when your there?, or is it just the exploration and discovery your there for?

Think i'll stick to detecting, and eventually, an alluvial lease and 'open-cut'...

You blokes have more bottle than I. 8)

Gypsy

GypsyGoldAu said:
Do any of you actually mine for Gold when your there?, or is it just the exploration and discovery your there for?

Gypsy

Mine explorers share an unspoken code of ethics, that of leaving sites in the same condition as they were found. A common phrase illustrating this viewpoint is the Baltimore Grotto caving society's motto: "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints." This is similar to the Leave No Trace ethos followed in much of modern outdoor recreation.

Flooded adit at Blackwood with Acid Mine Drainage formed by the reaction between the water and rock containing sulfur-bearing minerals. Upon entering flooded mines explorers should probe any standing water in front of them with a bar or stick before proceeding. Assume that mine water is toxic and unsuitable for drinking.

Was there something got your attention in the 3rd and 9th pic Dean
from the blackwood selection.

Latest posts