Long Range Locators (LRL's) / Detectors / Radars - Rangertell TG etc.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moon would keep interfearing with things a fair bit, that's why some people have trouble with them, they don't counter tune the moon out, just aim it at the moon (or through the Earth if the moons down) and notch it out before you start ,... get the calabrations right and I'm pretty sure you could even find coins in your hip pocket with it. ;)

Just surfing eBay and came across this item that claims the following... search for LONG RANGE GOLD LOCATOR METAL DETECTOR WORKS WITH GPX 4500 METAL DETECTOR and tell me what you think - I think it looks bogus... but your thoughts.

NUGGET HUNTER - IDEAL TOOL FOR PROSPECTORS AND TREASURE HUNTERS WISHING TO SEARCH LARGE AREAS QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY - Will find gold in any form, from nugget size to concentrations of gold flakes and dust, concentrations of nuggets, even deeply buried gold veins. Separate switch for GOLD or silver. Can also be used to locate man made gold items like coins, caches, jewelry, and gold artifacts from antiquity. Skilled operators can greatly benefit from the advantages offered by this equipment. Please note : This is not a conventional metal detector and it does not work like you. Target detection is dictated by the motion of the instrument, not sound. If you never used a LRL, it may take a certain amount of time to proper understand how it operates. Fresh targets or test targets normally do not produce a signal response. Long buried targets produce a STRONG response due to the chemical reaction that takes place over time between the metal and the naturally occurring minerals in the ground. LRL produce NO SOUND over target, target is detected by the MOTION of the instrument.

Come on - really?

Your right it is bogus . LRLs are basically a devining instrument . A lot of people beleive in them in South America but their is no scientific basis at all supporting them . You can call it para-normal detecting :lol:

Early versions of this were just Tandy calculators wrapped in a box....nothing more.

Run young Will.....RUUUUNNNNN!!!!

You'd have better luck finishing this project, and taking your SDC back to the 1850s.
These w#*k jobs have been around for years. A member from PA started advertising one, stating in his ad something like" "It doesn't work, but I'll sell you one if you're retard enough to fork out the dough".
1485930930_time_machine.jpg

Latest posts