First load of tumbled gems .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
Finally my very first load of tumbling gems are finished. I think this is a great Christmas gift.
My tumbler came with some gems to tumble, and as lm new at this lm not sure what they are, if anyone knows can you please let me know.
Thanks LGH.
1485690481_win_20170129_22_04_00_pro.jpg

These came with my tumbler.
1485690537_win_20170129_22_04_34_pro.jpg

These also came with tumbler. Must say l think there pretty cool.
1485690609_win_20170129_22_05_38_pro.jpg

These are super special to me as l found these gems myself at Beechworth Victoria. I think they turned out nice, what do you think.

Well done LGH... Your first batch came out Great.... Tip.. Tumble Finished Stones in your Tumbler with dishwashing liquid and water for at least one day and they will end up with a real shine..... like Store bought Stuff. ... good job LGH... ;)

LoneWolf.....

Looks like you did a great job LGH.
It can feel like a long time tumbling stones from start to finish, but it very rewarding to see nice shiny rocks at the end.

At a guess i would say you have some quartz and citrine in the first photo, in the second photo there is picture jasper and not entirely sure what the darker rocks are (possibly petrified wood, obsidian or a jasper of some sort). I could be way off the mark though.

Nice LGH it really is a good hobby with great satisfaction. When I was a youngster about 45 years ago my parents, my sister and I did a lot of fossicking and used a tumbler producing some great results. You'll surely be on the lookout for interesting rocks destined for a tumble, just make sure Mum reinforces your pockets to carry that extra load ;)
Jon

Latest posts