QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking to a couple of blokes who both have a 2300 & one has a 7000 as well , their thinking of selling these now , if the QED turns out to be competitive their worried how it could effect the second-hand value of their machines .

Bit of a conundrum hey ! :rolleyes:

Outback said:
I was talking to a couple of blokes who both have a 2300 & one has a 7000 as well , their thinking of selling these now , if the QED turns out to be competitive their worried how it could effect the second-hand value of their machines .

Bit of a conundrum hey ! :rolleyes:
They'd be mad! Not because the QED isn't competitive but because being a very small manufacturer it won't meet initial & possibly ongoing demand even here & Australia is a very small detector marketplace. Minelab is a big international with compliances (not just ACMA) & sales in numerous countries. Their Minelab's won't devalue dramatically overnight or even longer term because of the QED. If the QED is a competitive detector (& everything indicates it will be) then if anything it will hold value well due to manufacturing constraints (being all hand made by mainly one person from my understanding).
If a manufacturer with a faster assembly process comes on board this may change? QC may then be more of an issue to?
At the end of the day if your Minelab is finding gold why would you sell it anyway. The QED won't prevent them from doing what they have always done!

mbasko said:
They'd be mad! Not because the QED isn't competitive but because being a very small manufacturer it won't meet initial & possibly ongoing demand even here & Australia is a very small detector marketplace. Minelab is a big international with compliances (not just ACMA) & sales in numerous countries. Their Minelab's won't devalue dramatically overnight or even longer term because of the QED. If the QED is a competitive detector (& everything indicates it will be) then if anything it will hold value well due to manufacturing constraints (being all hand made by mainly one person from my understanding).
If a manufacturer with a faster assembly process comes on board this may change? QC may then be more of an issue to?
At the end of the day if your Minelab is finding gold why would you sell it anyway. The QED won't prevent them from doing what they have always done!

You make some good points !
No-way one person will be able to keep up with the QED orders if & when the surge hits .
But there could well be a licencing deal done to keep up with supply , per test on every unit for quality control .

There was a time back in 1995 when the demand for a SD2000 was greater then supply , be funny to see used QEDs going for more then the new ask price :eek:

I heard some time ago, that Bugs can do 4 units a day, 20 a week, or 80 a month......

Initial Impression only , only limited time with it and didn't understand the setup but when it was right..

more sensitive than sdc on the .24, and about same on the .04 and a bit quieter- the signals were less groans and more definite dig me.... from a very short comparison Sat. Infinitely better on a ~1.5 gram bit got with the z at 6-8 inches. we didn't spend too long on it as i had to take off.

Someone else was there of note - he might chime in...

Prior testing was mute - i didn't understand the machine and had it setup too wild. Flamethrower to light a candle...

I have a GPZ and F1a4m3 that i still need to compare to - ideally with in ground targets . i have a testing method i want to try but will keep under my hat until done.

My aim is to test up then sell the z, it isn't viable for me considering the amount/type of prospecting i do. which is not much/poor.

Thanks Eski, what coil were you using when comparing to the SDC, and what audio were you using on both units? Cheers

Eski, keen to hear your ongoing review. A 2kg PI that can compete with the SDC, would be a real goer be good to know if the QED is that machine.

davent said:
I heard some time ago, that Bugs can do 4 units a day, 20 a week, or 80 a month......
Dave .. considering it takes me nearly 3 hours to make a Booster in whole ...and these have 1/10th or less of components as the QED ..
If Bugs is doing 4 (just boards alone) he would be doing well.
Just hope he doesnt burn out ;)

Me too! I have to wait until 15 Feb before I can order mine, then I guess the wait really begins!

Hi, we tried 11inch spiral detech and i think it was a 12inch older NF...

SDC was on 4 i think. QED was on normal Audio (not invered) - both using the same plug in speaker/amp (a bluetooth model but plugged in.)

Latest posts