Hello From the snowy Mountains.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gravy. I'll send you a pm. I'm near Cooma. Keen to learn local area so can get out more, so buddy would be great. To date have mostly travelled away to known areas. Jindys post history seemed to do pretty well around here
. Have GPZ detector and pan. Cheers, John

Hey Jindy
Do you still live in Jindy?
Are you still prospecting?
In your post you said
"if anyone is coming down for a play or fish in lake jindy or eucumbene feel free to contact me and id be more than happy to show off the snowies. "
Does the offer still stand? (after 3 years)
I would also like to also try to find gold in the Murrumbidgee river near Bolaro station as I hear there is gold in that river although I don't know how much gold is there

Hi Peter

I got a tip here in the forum that you re local prospector, I am from Austria and working up in Thredbo for the season, I do a bit of prospecting for fun and wondered if you would have any advise or maybe time to meet up, I managed to get access to the lil thredbo river and will go out and try my luck this week :D Cheers for any help

Greets Stefan

Jindy Gold said:
Hey guys and girls. Ive been digging dirt highbanking and river sluicing around my area and further out and just wanted to drop in and say hi. I live just out of jindabyne and wanted to share some info. We are a bit forgotten down here by the prospectors and clubs and forums etc. I dont get out to much to get to some of the fun days the different groups have as they always seem to be far away in old gold fields northern or mid nsw. I talk to alot of people who ask me is there any gold down this way worth finding. Remember that the old time miners around this way considered the gold fields from where perisher is now all the way to dalgety and bombala. there is over 400 square km of old gold fields down this way. Most of it is very hard to find info on so i have relied on talking the the farmers around the place. Im lucky enough to know some that have been here for 5 and 6 generations. Besides all the gold there is plenty of gemstones around as well. Im more than happy to give away my spots and help others find gold down here. I always find it super hard to find gold when searching a new town as most people wont say anything. my biggest nuggets down here have been in the 8 to 10 gram range with many being 4 or 5 and stacks smaller. I am trying to let people know as all i hear is there is no nuggety stuff down this way just dust and flour. it puts alot of people off. if anyone is coming down for a play or fish in lake jindy or eucumbene feel free to contact me and id be more than happy to show off the snowies. oh and for the record in case you guys are watching vids or hearing stories... Highland gold,,, Alpine gold,,, snowy gold or any reference like that should mean NSW Even though the alpine national park is northern vic. we dont consider vic snowfields to be anywhere other than hotham lol... just trying to clarify as its miss leading for those who are trying to read between the lines and find your secret spots.. corryong, omeo and the northern rivers that flow into that area like swift creek(nice clue there lol) are not considered Alpine by us locals here. Alpine Is for NSW only. Seriously just a bit of tongue in cheek there. Fact is there is a many great places down here to consider and for the victorians the northern towns are not only full of gold but full of australian history... Man from snowy river and corryong go hand in hand. Tom Groggin was where Banjo Patterson met and wrote about the man. Not only full of history but great views and great people. would love to catch up anytime you may visit this way. Dont forget about us southern nsw gold guys, we are few between but passionate and keen to introduce our places.
Good luck, happy hunting and chase us down if you want any info. Cheers Peter

Jindy Gold said:
Hey guys and girls. Ive been digging dirt highbanking and river sluicing around my area and further out and just wanted to drop in and say hi. I live just out of jindabyne and wanted to share some info. We are a bit forgotten down here by the prospectors and clubs and forums etc. I dont get out to much to get to some of the fun days the different groups have as they always seem to be far away in old gold fields northern or mid nsw. I talk to alot of people who ask me is there any gold down this way worth finding. Remember that the old time miners around this way considered the gold fields from where perisher is now all the way to dalgety and bombala. there is over 400 square km of old gold fields down this way. Most of it is very hard to find info on so i have relied on talking the the farmers around the place. Im lucky enough to know some that have been here for 5 and 6 generations. Besides all the gold there is plenty of gemstones around as well. Im more than happy to give away my spots and help others find gold down here. I always find it super hard to find gold when searching a new town as most people wont say anything. my biggest nuggets down here have been in the 8 to 10 gram range with many being 4 or 5 and stacks smaller. I am trying to let people know as all i hear is there is no nuggety stuff down this way just dust and flour. it puts alot of people off. if anyone is coming down for a play or fish in lake jindy or eucumbene feel free to contact me and id be more than happy to show off the snowies. oh and for the record in case you guys are watching vids or hearing stories... Highland gold,,, Alpine gold,,, snowy gold or any reference like that should mean NSW Even though the alpine national park is northern vic. we dont consider vic snowfields to be anywhere other than hotham lol... just trying to clarify as its miss leading for those who are trying to read between the lines and find your secret spots.. corryong, omeo and the northern rivers that flow into that area like swift creek(nice clue there lol) are not considered Alpine by us locals here. Alpine Is for NSW only. Seriously just a bit of tongue in cheek there. Fact is there is a many great places down here to consider and for the victorians the northern towns are not only full of gold but full of australian history... Man from snowy river and corryong go hand in hand. Tom Groggin was where Banjo Patterson met and wrote about the man. Not only full of history but great views and great people. would love to catch up anytime you may visit this way. Dont forget about us southern nsw gold guys, we are few between but passionate and keen to introduce our places.

Hi peter you sound like a honest and genourous man giving away your spots if you wanted to get a beer and give me some insight on fossicking and how I can start this as a hobby Im from Victoria and always looking to explore :) snowy mountains and the man from snowy river my favourite movie Id be interested in adventuring up to the high country one weekend and trying out some prospecting
Kind regards matt

Welcome Diggermatt.
Don't know if you looked at the date, but that was posted in 2013.
Maybe Jindy gold is still around. I hope so because I'm heading down there for work soon and wouldn't mind catching up with him myself. Have to watch this post :playful:
Anyway good luck and Google is a wealth of "prospecting" information
Cheers :beer:

He hasnt logged in for a long while but theres some contact info under his profile that might be useful.

Hi Peter. Thanks for that info. We are currently in Dalgety. Just wondering if you could suggest any good spots for gold fossicking ? Thanks Heather

Hey mate could you please share me some info, as I am coming down from Bundaberg in January for a gold fossick. [Mod edit: For member secxurity, personal contact details are not permitted in forum posts]
Cheers Anthony

Hey mate could you please share me some info, as I am coming down from Bundaberg in January for a gold fossick. [Mod edit: For member secxurity, personal contact details are not permitted in forum posts]
Cheers Anthony
Unfortunately, Jindy Gold hasn't been online at PA since June 2014.

Latest posts