Okay deal done - getting a Nokta Fors Relic and a Makro Racer 2

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mav

Reaction score
Thanks to Nenad for his insight and helpfulness my son and I will be getting a Nokta Fors Relic and a Makro Racer 2 plus a few other things. Will just have to wait for them to arrive from Adelaide.

In the meantime I think I am going to go down town and pick up a cheapy from Jaycar so my son can do some practising in the backyard. I am going to plant a few predecimal coins and a couple of silver ingots in the ground and let him loose on them to see how he goes. Then we will always have the cheap and cheerful detector for either my wife or daughter to use if they ever feel like they want to come out with us. :)

silver said:
Now you watch him pull up some other goodie you didn't plant (ha) Murphy's Law. :lol:

Yes knowing him he will. lol

I ended up getting him a ML Go-Find 40 to practise with.

Well my son did just fine detecting all the coins I planted around the back yard, aslo found a few old cans and a bit of old foilgum wrappers too. :) I placed a 50c, 2 x 20c, a Fiji 10c, 5c, and a $1. Cheeky bugger wanted to keep the money too. lol

Too bloody hot to do anymore today, the humidity is so oppressive and not what we are used to here in Alice. It is like Darwin out there at the moment. :(

I reckon the Go-Find 40 will be just fine for my daughter doing beach detecting. The forearm extension is a bit on the flimsy side but hey it will do for her to have some fun with. :)

Hi mate,

My young bloke got a ML Go-find 40 for xmas, its actually been a really good detector so far. The only thing is that it is really hard to pin point targets with compared to my X-terra.

Great for being really compact and easy to assemble, also has been really good on the beach.

Happy hunting.

plastered81 said:
Hi mate,

My young bloke got a ML Go-find 40 for xmas, its actually been a really good detector so far. The only thing is that it is really hard to pin point targets with compared to my X-terra.

Great for being really compact and easy to assemble, also has been really good on the beach.

Happy hunting.

I just bought this as an interim training detector to get him used to swinging it and identifying solid targets from trash. He is pretty switched on for his age and has quickly picked up how to handle to the Go-Find 40. He was finding junk I didn't know was there by the time he had found all the coins I had placed around the yard, mostly at a depth of about 5 cms.

I reckon it will be okay at the beach with this Go-Find 40, we should have the Nokta Fors Relic and the Makro Racer 2 in a week or so and then we can go out searching some of the old areas around Alice.

Mav said:
Well my son did just fine detecting all the coins I planted around the back yard, aslo found a few old cans and a bit of old foilgum wrappers too. :) I placed a 50c, 2 x 20c, a Fiji 10c, 5c, and a $1. Cheeky bugger wanted to keep the money too. lol

Too bloody hot to do anymore today, the humidity is so oppressive and not what we are used to here in Alice. It is like Darwin out there at the moment. :(

I reckon the Go-Find 40 will be just fine for my daughter doing beach detecting. The forearm extension is a bit on the flimsy side but hey it will do for her to have some fun with. :)

Where on earth are you going beach detecting in The Alice!!!! (I mean I know they have a yacht club there but.....)

As for place to look with your Fors etc, try old Arltunga way. Lots of old mining history and there could even be some yellow stuff around too!

Maybe this beach (to be confusing) :lol:
1484982453_screenshot_2017-01-21-17-06-13.jpg

Simmo said:
Mav said:

Where on earth are you going beach detecting in The Alice!!!! (I mean I know they have a yacht club there but.....)

As for place to look with your Fors etc, try old Arltunga way. Lots of old mining history and there could even be some yellow stuff around too!

LOL, we also have a holiday home in Port Stephens, that is where the beaches are. The only thing to be found in the Todd River are a few blind mullet. lol

Plan on heading out to Altunga when it gets a bit cooler but will be doing some coin hunting around some popular water holes, you never never know if you never never go. :)

Latest posts