Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Good on ya silver..i .watched a 1/2 penny extraction from a old tree in a park on u tube.....was that you... :D
Was that going in through the timber with the hammer and chisel Smokey ?
:D

silver said:
Smoky bandit said:
Good on ya silver..i .watched a 1/2 penny extraction from a old tree in a park on u tube.....was that you... :D
Was that going in through the timber with the hammer and chisel Smokey ?
:D
It was mate........you dug a square ....pulled out a half penny....then glued the tree back together....was just wondering if that was you. :D

There's times when you just gotta do what you gotta do hey, but you just gotta make sure you do your best, I'd like to think it might inspire someone and save the tree a bit too. :D

Cheers everyone, going very slow in the CAB, the black is still adhering, hopefully it'll be clean on the morrow. 8) :D
8) Gunna watch Muriel's Wedding right now. :p :lol:

Hey Silver, on your vids I see you run the ACE flat out on 'sensitivity' and a few segments clipped out of the discrim in 'coin' mode.

Is that your usual settings for coins?

Kato and I usually hunt in 'custom' with a few modified discrim notches, but sensitivity is only 3 to 4 bars.

Can you tell me what is behind the way you have set up please ?

You guys, stop teasing, you know we all do it differently.

The settings I have used are doing okay but maybe I'm in a rut of just doing that with surface success, ie pulltab king ;)

We have done well, but can learn from another persons path 'Grasshopper', then maybe do better on the old ground.

Have to do a write up about a HUGE coin spill Kato and I we found the other day.

Greenhornet_au said:
You guys, stop teasing, you know we all do it differently.

The settings I have used are doing okay but maybe I'm in a rut of just doing that with surface success, ie pulltab king ;)

We have done well, but can learn from another persons path 'Grasshopper', then maybe do better on the old ground.

Have to do a write up about a HUGE coin spill Kato and I we found the other day.
Ive found a 9ct gold ring in jewellery mode and it showed up as pulltab. If its a good area that shows potential, dont be afraid to swap all settings, swing direction, and speed of swing.. Dont forget the extra coils as well! I generally do a fast scan in custom mode, only last 3 set, if i get onto 2 or 3 coins, ill work my way through the settings and try to knock out every target. Sensitivity is handy, use it to get rid of ground nouse at times, and also if trashy, start low sens and dig out top targets, then raise sens to dig next level down. Try to gain an old private property access with an old cottage, the areas you may be hitting are just sparse and some more nose in the history books to help find them prime areas. If that fails.. Grid. Grid it all.. Eventually something shows up. Pulltabs are a piece of your breadcrumbs to chase as well. What shape are they will give you a rough date, the amount if pull tabs if it were a popular area etc. As they always say..dig all targets as everything has a different shape. I just carry an extra bag for all the cans now.. :lol: A very wise man told me these tips in the past :cool:

Gday Gh, if it's in coin mode that's all it is "as is", one of my LED segments doesnt show anymore at all, even though it still sounds off for me. Full sensitivity is only ok if the ground conditions permit, and that particular soil is nice and quiet for me "no iron at all" so thus the full sensitivity in the video. If the sensitivity is up high and you get random noise interference as non repeatable signals then you just drop your sensitivity down to where the interference tones dissapear.
Hope this covers your question. ;)

Latest posts