Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

My names Zeph and I'm from Sunbury Victoria, only new to prospecting and have only just started getting out a little.

I have an SD2100 and an X-Terra 705. Have had a little go at a couple of parks and haven't really got much, only about $6 in spendables, a threepence and an 1850 something token.

My young bloke got a Minelab go-find 40 from santa and we have been having a go at a couple of beaches whilst on holidays on the Bellarine Peninsular, we found something quite large today but don't know what it is (will post in another thread).

Heading to the Whipstick for a few days with a mate next week to try the SD2100 out and hopefully find my first piece of gold.

Hope to post some more in the future.

G'day plastered81 sounds like your having fun all the best for your adventure to the whipstick and any goldfield you visit.

Hey Plastered81,

Good to see you have joined and that you have introduced the young fellow into an outdoors hobby. It is certainly better than sitting inside playing video games. The Australian outback can certainly teach the younger generation a lot more to life. I hope that you both have a great time in your new hobby. :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Thanks,

I am trying to get the kids into as much outdoor activities as i can, we go 4X4 a fair bit in the bush and also camping in swags and a camper trailer. Just though prospecting would be another thing to do when out in the bush. So far it's been very addictive.

Although the kids can get bored pretty quick when we are not finding anything, they are all over the good stuff when we do.