SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Day Folks,
Had a half reasonable run at a local beach Saturday night, it was nice to pick up a few goldies after a run of disapointing beach hunts around the area on previous evenings; the ring is of no value other than seeing the look on my grandaughter's face when poppy shows up with some finds that she thinks are so cool.
Last evening had a quick hunt on some new turf, new to me that is and picked up the first PD for 2017, 1952 shilling in pretty good condition, if I had found it last week it could have been described as a "moon baker" it had very little dirt cover; sorry for the crap photo, the phone camera does not handle high contras subjects very well.
Cheers, SinHof.
1484611216_20170115_132433.jpg
1484611249_20170117_092018.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, the shilling was a surprise find given the location; fortunatly it was reasonably clean, a light rub with some Bi-Carb and it cleaned up quite well. There were several other 12/42/3 targets there that will require further investigation, the ground is like concrete and they were down fairly deep, my light digging tool no match for the hard ground.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi B5MECH,
I think I was just lucky with the beach finds, all but a couple of the coins were quite deep, one of the $2 coins and a couple of the others would have been recent drops, From experience over the last month or so I have found it necessary to precision grid areas of interest, here again most coins are fairly deep and obviously been there for some time, people just don't seem to taking coin to the beaches these days for what ever reason or may be other detectorists are working the beaches ahead of me, that being the case they are doing a good job.
Cheers,SinHof.

G'Day Folks,
Took off this morning about 6.30am to have a swing over some of the local beaches, four of them as it turned out. Beach one gave up a 50 cent coin after half an hour when another chap turned up swinging a detector, I departed shortly after, after almost playing chicken with the council beach cleaning tractor.
Beach two, zero!!!!!!!! after a fair sample covered. Beach three and trying to stay ahead of the beach cleaner and the goldies started to appear along with a run of fifty cent coins et al. The finds versus time spent after a couple of hours indicated it was time to move off to beach number four.
Picked up five or six goldies and more shrapnel and bugger, the beach cleaner turned up again, interestingly enough I had a chance to have a close at the machine while the driver was off elsware, probably for morning tea, from what I could see this particular machine would be unlikely to pick up many if any coins, the rotating rake fingers were too far apart, watches and chains could fall victim to the beast if they were hit by the rake at the correct angle?????
Waited around to have a chat to the driver but he was nowhare to be seen after half an hour, time to head home for lunch. This mornings effort is my best beach hunt for some considerable time, pretty happy for the improvement, the ear stud is junk I think, looked good when I first picked it up.
Cheers SinHof.
PS: Check out the Ray Bans, by the amount of sea weed on them they have been at sea for a long time, I had already removed quite a bit before taking the picture; yes the lenses are pretty well scratched, bugger!!!!!
1484796284_20170119_133444.jpg
1484796316_20170119_133955.jpg

Nice Haul Sinhoff , looks like the beach seen is starting to pick up. Nice pair of ray bands . Looks like the detectors hit the beach early in the morning . Did you get a pic of the tromell tractor?

Damn tractor :rolleyes: did you have a look in the cage while he was driving along? could have been a gold chain stuck in there :D
If there real raybans they'll still be worth a couple on bucks I would think
I lost my dragon calaca's at Fingle beach about a year ago so if you see these :cool:
1484799563_u_001.jpg

The lenses were toast but was about to order new ones before i lost them 8.(
It took me 4 months of internet searching to find one of the last sets alive :lol: :lol: :lol:
could I have them back if they turn up please :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

G'Day Danny,
The beach machine did not seem to have a tromell, was going to take a photo but looking at the gaps between the rake fingers I thought there was little chance of the machine picking up coins.
B5MECH, the Ray Ban glasses are Italian made and branded so, the lenses have plenty of fine scratches consistant with being tumbled about in the surf/sand, did not wish to get too close to the machine when the operator was nowhere to be seen, I know their time table so it won't be too much trouble to check it out at a later date.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks guys, it was nice to bring home some coin from the beaches today, its been a while since the pocket had a bit of weight in it after a beach hunt.
Cheers, Sinhof.

G'Day Ramjet,
Thanks mate, it was good to pick up a few goldies from the beaches, as you well know they have not been producing too well of late, very patchy at best; it's a case of putting in the time and locate a spot that has not been worked over for a while. Of late I've ran into other folk detecting on just about every hunt or see evidence that someone has been there recently, that said though it's a great hobby and you just never know what might turn up.
Cheers, SinHof.

G'Day Everyone,
Not been out for a while, too much crap going on in my life at the moment and just too hot; managed a couple of hours yesterday afternoon and headed out of town for a change. It was pleasant swinging/walking over grass for a change also, the beaches are still not producing on most hunts, 35 cents on the last one, anyway the hunt started off rather slow but moving to a different area and things picked up quite nicely, a welcome run of $2 goldies started to happen, four being sun bakers, the others at various depths, the 1948 half penny was a surprise and was the deepest target, took a while to dig out, the area is loaded with junk, bottle caps and ring pulls; adding to the problem I had left the 3030 in manual sensitivity, wound up to 25, my bad, litle wonder it was sounding off on just about everything, did not realise what was happening till I got home, will be back out there with the smaller coils and some lunch and have a more serious grid of the place, could well be more PD's there.
Cheers, SinHof.
1485566985_20170128_120151.jpg

Nice hunting Sinhof. A Pre dec also . Looks likely to produce a lot more interesting finds that area. Anyways on the the subject of sensitivity , I like to leave mine on manual when I'm at the beach as I like to adjust it to certain levels depending on which area I'm working.

Dan

Latest posts