Lost and found on Bruce Highway

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep ,seen a lot of big ones up there . Got another mate at Tully Heads who recons they real bad after heavy rain and flooding . Gets them in the back yard . We get a lot of snakes ,sharks etc in se qld but good we dont have crocks .

All tho with the ocean temp rising they arnt far from us . Couple in the Mary River and sightings of Fraser Island .

One was spotted in the Maroochydore river sunshine coast.
Between xmas and new year....i have heard if it was caught.
The Mary river does have them but they are shy...im sure the farmers have educated them of that.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey GoldCheddar2005,

I was told by Qld National Parks that the Proserpine River district is the largest salty breeding area in Qld.

Watch where you go down there.

Cheers

Doug
Your not to far off the mark.
Proserpine river has the highest population of crocs out side of the daintree.

Lucky the two females weren't taken as well, terrible time for them all ,..... but what were they thinking ? :eek: walking across that. :eek: 8)

yobskin said:
The Mary river does have them but they are shy...im sure the farmers have educated them of that.

Maroochy River is my favourite all time fishing spot,, Down by the big bridge there are some underwater caves,, Up buy the sewage works there are some monster Pike Eels just Opposite the Boat Ramp, I took my mum there one night and she hooked one that was 3/8ths on an inch short of the local record,, Geeze it was bloody wild when I got it to the bank, it came snapping up the beach at me, :eek: :mad: :mad:

John.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey Fred,

There is one that cruises the beach at Cardwell regularly. You can often see it when you pass thru town.

Cheers

Doug
Mate recons that one is on ly a baby 3.5 mt

Old Fred said:
Mate at Cardwell recons there is a resident one by the boatramp by the creek boatramp that is a meter across the back

I was at Cardwell in June 97 and used that boat ramp, there was a large one there then (20 years ago now). Given the age they live too I reckon it is the same one. It was checking us out as we motored up and down the river (10ft tinny 8)) after it inspected us at the boat ramp one day we decided enough was enough and left him to it.

Ridge Runner said:
yobskin said:

Maroochy River is my favourite all time fishing spot,, Down by the big bridge there are some underwater caves,, Up buy the sewage works there are some monster Pike Eels just Opposite the Boat Ramp, I took my mum there one night and she hooked one that was 3/8ths on an inch short of the local record,, Geeze it was bloody wild when I got it to the bank, it came snapping up the beach at me, :eek: :mad: :mad:

John.
Pike eel or crock

Dont like they feed em for the tourist . Just teaching them to come to humans . I fish out of a 12 ft tinny up there and allways worry about them comin on board .
Recon feeding them should be banned .

You'd want a high side on your tinnie hey ! :eek:
1484904319_images.jpg

And they just think it's funny too. :lol:
1484904336_images-1.jpg

Dont like they feed em for the tourist . Just teaching them to come to humans . I fish out of a 12 ft tinny up there and allways worry about them comin on board .
Recon feeding them should be banned .

Hey Old Fred,

I've had a few encounters up there myself. The wife and I with our 9 month old son have been on Corroboree Billabong in a 12' punt but we were lucky not to be near any but years later in a 4.45mtr tinny have been stalked by quite a few. I also agree with you about the feeding ban.

Cheers

Doug

Old Fred said:
Ridge Runner said:
yobskin said:

John.
Pike eel or crock

Pike Eel,

Ridge Runner said:
Old Fred said:
Ridge Runner said:
yobskin said:

John.
Pike eel or crock

Pike Eel,

I grew up there as a kid crabbing with my poppy....was some big fish in there 35year ago....used to spear fish with old jimmy and tommy blackman they showed me mangrove crabbing...bear hands. They were in their 60s back then and the used to tell me about the crocs when they were kids.
Was always fun listening to them tellin me dream time stories.

yobskin said:
Ridge Runner said:
Old Fred said:
Ridge Runner said:
yobskin said:

John.
Pike eel or crock

Pike Eel,

I grew up there as a kid crabbing with my poppy....was some big fish in there 35year ago....used to spear fish with old jimmy and tommy blackman they showed me mangrove crabbing...bear hands. They were in their 60s back then and the used to tell me about the crocs when they were kids.
Was always fun listening to them tellin me dream time stories.

That person "Jimmy" their last name doesn't start with a "H" does it ?

EDIT, Sorry are those 2 Brothers ?

John.

Latest posts