QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See some units have been received in the past week. Initial testing sounds positive but not much gold yet. Bit of excitement over a 0.3gram nugget but that does not make it a SDC let alone a Minelab killer :p
From reports it ground balances well & runs smoothly?
Is yours on the way Davent?

I had to cancel the order a couple of weeks ago due to a badly timed bill. Will order one again in Feb, the ability to ground balance in really hot ground, and its weight are the two main reasons I'm excited about it.
But yeah, for all the positive points, it really has not proved itself on gold yet.

Its Fantastic that Reg is testing all the good coils and any signals are getting a comparison with his mate`s Z7000
Am following Reg`s post with good interest

By the way did u all check out Reg Wilson Gold album on that forum.......far out , wow

Was thinking John`s Gp 3500 control box was good value for a spare /backup detector for $800, but the QED at $1200 maybe better

cheers dave

10fp said:
Its Fantastic that Reg is testing all the good coils and any signals are getting a comparison with his mate`s Z7000
Am following Reg`s post with good interest

By the way did u all check out Reg Wilson Gold album on that forum.......far out , wow

Was thinking John`s Gp 3500 control box was good value for a spare /backup detector for $800, but the QED at $1200 maybe better

cheers dave

I have met Reg and had a look through his album (even held a massive nugget he had found). He is a very knowledgeable guy who has been around for a long time. If he is testing the QED his reports will be spot on. If anyone needs any training, he is a good guy to go and see. He has used just about every Minelab detector and currently uses a 7000.

davent said:
I had to cancel the order a couple of weeks ago due to a badly timed bill. Will order one again in Feb, the ability to ground balance in really hot ground, and its weight are the two main reasons I'm excited about it.
But yeah, for all the positive points, it really has not proved itself on gold yet.
Bummer Dave! Was looking forward to hearing your thoughts compared to the 4500 where you've had issues with ground & EMI.
I'm too poor after Xmas + holidaying to even consider one yet but really only an interested observer still.

Still getting one, and am going to do.my own testing and will go head to head with my 4500, coils for testing will be 14 x9 evo, 12 evo, 15 evo, 17x 11 coiltek (not elite) commander 15x 12.
Targets will be gold and lead.

1484710515_img_20170118_130437.jpg

3.8gms, 18 GMs, 30 GMs, 50 GMs, 57 GMs.

davent said:
Still getting one, and am going to do.my own testing and will go head to head with my 4500, coils for testing will be 14 x9 evo, 12 evo, 15 evo, 17x 11 coiltek (not elite) commander 15x 12.
Targets will be gold and lead.
I reckon that's the type of testing that most are waiting to see.

Davent , mate , if your a bit tight at the moment to get the QED,, what about if we here crowd fund you till you pay us all back

heck 24 of us loan you $50 or
12 of us loan you a 100

i wouldnt hesitate to drop a 50 into your acc ..... So id be No 1
Come on all , put your hand up to participate

Definately feel we could trust Dave and we`d all benefit from the testing comparisons

Just an idea

Dave in SA :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

no thanks mate, i am hopeless at admin stuff, id have 21 or so of you chaseing me for $, its the wet season anyway, so conditions will be better in March,April.

No, i don't need the money, thanks anyway, its really about priorities, as much as I really want a QED, the timing is not right at the moment anyway.
Thanks for the offers, but I'll buy one in Febuary. The weather will be settling down by then and Ill have a chance to get out and learn the thing before I do a proper test with it.

Cheers though!

I'd drop ya $40 Dave, I might chase up a 50, but never even think about a 40 ever again. :D

I think there might be people on here that don,t even have a detector that would love one, lets help them out, or some one with a real problem that needs some help.....Im ok, and can wait till Feb.

davent said:

Id just like to add to this, Dean at Goldsearch did the refund for me the same day I requested, his service is spot on.
Cant wait to get this QED.

patience Dave .. wet has settled in .. think you will be happy with it

Latest posts