My CTX 3030 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some detecting at a real old sporting field in Tickera, South Australia. Found the normal stuff, horse shoes, buttons etc. Detected the whole field and surroundings and came up with no coin.

The best find was the below metal tag:

1484698805_imag0083_1.jpg

There seems to be a decent story behind the name J. Kinnear, he was a local farmer.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/a...earchLimits=l-state=South+Australia|||sortby#

Must have been hard times out there 100 years ago in the middle of no where 8.(

Martin said:
Went for a swing today (yes at 5:30am) and came home with:

2x $2 coins
7x $1 coins
2x 10c
1x 50c
4x 20c

Not a bad coin collection for 1hr 40mins on a rivers edge.

But the item that has me stumped the most is pictured below, about the size of a 5c coin.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1934/1446582354_6546.jpg

Ive found one of those copper ring things exactly the same as yours, mine has some black paint on it, I dont think its a jewelry ring but something else, not sure what it is.

Kai said:
Ive found one of those copper ring things exactly the same as yours, mine has some black paint on it, I dont think its a jewelry ring but something else, not sure what it is.

Yeah it's a interesting one, I Googled like crazy and nothing came up.

These are some finds from an old park in an area between Arthurton and Ardrossan in SA. Detected the whole park and found jack all. I was hoping to find a few more coins but no luck, only coin I found was about 5 meters from the old cricket pitch.

Heaps of junk and left over remnants were dug up, but nothing worth keeping. Tent pegs etc...

1. 1945 Penny (was about 15cm deep)
2. Part of a padlock
3. hole punch

1484728723_finds.jpg

Martin said:
Kai said:

1484729270_20170118_194449-800x450.jpg

I think it come up copper on my id from memory, mines a bit crusty with some black paint on it, it looks copper coated but if you scratch it, it looks like aluminium

Maybe it stops the cigar from feathering out at the end as its burning down, just slide it along as it burns away ....... yuck :/ :lol:

Kai said:
Martin said:
Kai said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/7395/1484729270_20170118_194449-800x450.jpg

I think it come up copper on my id from memory, mines a bit crusty with some black paint on it, it looks copper coated but if you scratch it, it looks like aluminium
Looks like a bottle opener ring.
1484812858_image.jpg

Looks similar but no way could you open a bottle with mine, it broke easily and is brittle, had to glue it back together, another mystery for the list.

Detecting private property atm in SA, spent couple hours there so far and finding good stuff. With permission.

Never detected before and the property has a mine on it and had old buildings, slaughter house etc on it.

1516271428_img_20180118_212612.jpg

top row:

door nob
belt buckle
rodd silver spoon
cover for fog watch (was folded on purpose)
bottle stop

second row

some sort of cap (closer pic below)
silver spoon which had parts bent in the spoon part for some reason
1944 penny (needs cleaning)
another part of a spoon

third row

bent spoon
some sort of cap
button
bird/pigeon ankle tag
a cap of some sort with C.M on it
another button with exoelslor on it
spoon handle

1516272053_img_20180118_213453.jpg

Big difference in the spoons there Martin, is that nice looking one solid silver.... ? :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Looks like a site with a lot of potential, maybe head out wider towards the nearest shady trees and keep n eye out for any surface glass n stuff to help lead your directions as well. :Y:

The property has heaps of potential. The owner has been finding heaps of coins and stuff kicked up from his horses for years.

There's no trees, they are long gone. Just walking around there's heaps of stuff on the surface like bolts, screws, spoons, black, purple and blue glass.

Some nice malachite (ruined by weather) on the surface near the mine, so we will be digging through the mounds also.

Latest posts