Found In Circulation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greenhornet_au said:
Sorry guys, what is the big deal with the '66 5c??

Found one in the school oval and gave it to one of the kids sniffing around about 3 months ago.

Kato was at soccer practice, hunting while waiting for her.
Hey GH, 66 is the first 5c coin so has become rare, there only worth money in unc or mint roll $8 or $150 mint roll, just rare to get in change now
out of all 5c 1972 is the winner on price but still talking unc coins $100 mint roll :eek: :eek:

silver said:
We would need to know the machinery processes for coin production in order to pinpoint what could go wrong, with the end result of what we are seeing. :|

Interesting the same error appears on the first decimal coins all the way to the most recent.

Kato is going to love this thread, but she will be miffed at me for giving away the 1966 5c - :(

Really interesting stuff here.

She is already checking coins for defects and such, notes too.

I have about $2500 face value of paper notes, Commonwealth etc, what they are worth who knows, not me.

This is just one site 8)

https://www.therightnote.com.au/
someone else may know of sites that have comprehensive listings. :D
perhaps Gh, you could start a thread showing some of your notes and we can put information up there, and show some of our notes as well ! ;)

Thats not such a bad idea Silver.

I was just picking them up over the years where ever I found them, most of the Commonwealth were when paper was still around.
As for a thread, will do that, it is a nice idea.

1484521343_20170116_072121-2268x3024.jpg

:D

Hey yeah sorry smokey probly should have elaborated a little. Its a 2016 $2 coin to commemorate 50 years since the introduction of decimal coinage, has the aboriginal elder on the reverse and instead of a large lizzy head it has a little lizzy head and the crown coin on the obverse

https://www.ramint.gov.au/publications/mint-makes-decimal-currency-history-flip-coin

Not too sure how rare they are cant find anywhere that says how many where minted

M3talmiliti4 said:
Hey yeah sorry smokey probly should have elaborated a little. Its a 2016 $2 coin to commemorate 50 years since the introduction of decimal coinage, has the aboriginal elder on the reverse and instead of a large lizzy head it has a little lizzy head and the crown coin on the obverse

https://www.ramint.gov.au/publications/mint-makes-decimal-currency-history-flip-coin

Not too sure how rare they are cant find anywhere that says how many where minted
Over 5 million of each denomination,not rare but still a nice keepsake.
1484533951_image.jpg

silver said:
The even rarer year 2000 $2.00 mule ! :eek: :lol: :rainbow:

:eek: don't say that silver you might spark speculation :rolleyes: so does that mean the obverse was struck by the 10c die? :rolleyes: ;)

It is the right year though isn't it, hhmmmm :/

Id say mistrike, still a nice little pick up though, one to add to the collection. Actually its the first error coin I've found in my change so im pretty stoked :D and it was only coz of a stupid little game i was playin with a mate that i noticed the error so just pays to check each coin. Even tho i checked if it was a commemorative coin the error still slipped passed my eyes at that point :| almost spent it, lucky i didnt :Y:

Latest posts