Family Treasure

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mav

Reaction score
Well not really but still a nice lot of old coins amongst the stash that my father had been collecting over his lifetime. He passed away the day after ANZAC day 2014 and today I came across his collection.

I checked some of the older coins and most only have novelty value but the 1803 Napoleon Bonapart coin looks to be valued at a few hundred dollars. :) I cannot post a photo of it cause I don't have enough posts as yet but when I do I will put up an image of it.

There are some Australian pennies, half pennies and shillings amongst other currencies. :)

Can't wait to see what you found set aside Mav, did you expect to find it, or was it a surprise for you ? :D

silver said:
Can't wait to see what you found set aside Mav, did you expect to find it, or was it a surprise for you ? :D

I had seen them when I was a youngster but not since then, my Dad kept them well hidden. :)

Okay I think I have enough posts to allow me to throw up an image of the Bonaparte coin so here goes:

1484732080_bon_back.jpg

1484732081_bonaparte.jpg

This coin dates to 1803 and is made from silver