expanded aluminium mesh

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Riddo here, I'm making a high banker, simular to wal&liz high banker video, to date unable to get the right mesh, can some please point me to the right people, I have found a vertical mesh, but its 20mm high to high I think, plus I need some of the sloped mesh for gold rather than gem stones the size I need are 300 mm wide, buy I metre long, any help would be great cheers Riddo :(

Hi Ballarat gold, I'm in Gladstone qld,, bit far to post I guess, how much do you want for a metre of each say by 300 mm regards greg

Send some to me, send some to me.
Come on guys, now lets all jump on the bandwagon.
Hey but seriously though (I need some :p )

Ballarat -gold.
Its nice to see someone offering something.
Congrats to you.

I found an aluminum fabrication company in west gosford. They stocked the vertical 22mm alloy catwalk mesh. They where on the corner of debanham and koala crs. Just near the intersection of the Central coast hwy and manns rd

Made a post wanted to delete but could only edit haha I have expanded sloped aluminium but I'm in vic

I grabbed some off cuts from work for my river sluice and have some extra left over. It's the bigger stuff though probably 18mm high.

1491691185_20160817_152507.jpg

This is the expanded alloy catwalk mesh, approximately 22mm high, with scalloped off set on top. This creates good low pressure zones. A bit of time to do it, but worth it.

The spray bar slots are cut off set 45deg, facing towards the top of the hopper. This throws the dirt upwards and enables more tilt on the hopper.

I once ran two sets of these traps on the same plane. But the second never behaved the same as the first, constant clogging was an issue. But after a major redesign of lowering the second tear, this replicated a waterfall effect that the first trap gets from the fall from the hopper
1491692685_20160817_152446.jpg

M10 SS eye bolts and wing nuts lock the plate down. Using a rubber gaskit between the two faces. The air gap I run between the base and bottom of expanded mesh vary between both. And a much larger gap than Wal uses.
Works for me.... ha

Latest posts