Anyone using an XL PRO, other than me?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've yet to see anyone else using these machines in Australia. Is it possible I'm the only one? The good old White's 6000d family tree ended with the White's Xl Pro. Same size and balance of the MXT , but just a bit heavier. In my experience it's brilliant. American's love this machine and I can understand why. I've got the 9.5 coil. 5.3 and 8". I can get gain up high with the smaller coils and it punches deep.. Super accurate meter rivals digital competitors.

Anyone else..?
1484552759_img_0790.jpg
1484552788_xl_pro.jpg

Certainly don't see too many of those around, then again we never had the full inventory of Whites detectors for sale here, just select models. What year was that unit phased out in? :)

White's pulled the plug in 2005, dealers in the States had them for a while after that. Last advertising for this machine in Australia was in 2005.
It was first known as the 6000 Pro XL when it first came out around 2000, then the exact same machine finished the 6000 series with just a name change to the XL Pro.
1484654940_rimg0011.jpg
1484654959_rimg0008_copy.jpg
1484654984_rimg0010_copy.jpg

It doesn't resemble the old blue box White's 6000d that first introduced me to metal detecting and White's detectors. A long evolutionary line..

Warm night, can't sleep.. time for some detector images. Really,, some people count sheep.
More to the point, I find the Xl Pro has worked well in combination with my MXt and Tdi Sl. A winning combination
in my book. Probably make me a bit of a White's fan, the one eyed variety..

1484660272_gold1.jpg

1484659621_xl_pro_1.jpg
1484659640_xl_pro_2.jpg
1484659657_xl_pro_3.jpg
1484659675_xl_pro_4.jpg
1484659764_img_8235.jpg
1484660288_gold2.jpg

Eye candy

Don't just love the knobs and switches for tweaking
For that ultimate tunining feeling of being in control
Some serious machines there
Nice one

Spot on, fast easy and intuitive, love the knobs and switches. Never fully connected with machines that use a menu and push buttons etc I've used them and liked them but no magic... local Minelab dealer didn't accept my views in this regard and suggested that I was a Luddite..

Absolutely adore a nice analogue threshold hum, the Xl Pro has the sweetest sound. The Tdi Sl has a smooth nice sounding threshold, after a learning curve I've come to appreciate the MXT also since it blends knobs and switches with digital technology.. a class act.

Brother has an Minelab Explorer Se Pro, great machine but he's still pushing buttons whilst I'm already hunting, it sounds like a computer game sometimes. The balance on his machine is awful for me, can't get it just right so have to use bungee to get long hours in.
No comparison with the beautiful balance of the White's detectors, the weight matters less to me than if the machine is well balanced.

1484690034_buttons_2.jpg

Build quality, performance and good looks. Yes to me its eye candy..
1484690060_buttons1.jpg

Didn't really stop to think about it, but all my machines have Luddite tendencies..

The XL Pro is my grail detector. Foolishly sold mine some years ago.
If you ever wish to sell yours then please let me know ?
Thanks
Tony

I was going to PM you but cant see how to do it.

after buying an MXT Pro earlier this year to play with until I found a serious machine, Im becoming a bit of a Whites fan, & discovering I have a fairly serious machine in it. The MXT Pro continues to impress me. From what Ive read on this whole line-up, these machines are very capable.
I can only imagine the 6000 XL Pro @6.59kHz would be a good performer on silver & copper coins, buckles, medals, relics etc.
Could be a good complement to the MXT Pro which is 14kHz :D

Ded Driver you are not alone there are still big fans of Whites MXT out there working the parks very successfully despite the "new tech" machines supposed to Obsolete all other machines, haha. I personally bought one of the newest tech machines last yr and promptly sold it after a few trips, and went back to my MXT Pro. I am on my third MXT since they came out. Can't seem to find anything I like better though I test new machines now and then.

I would like to see the XL Pro re-issued with a upgraded LED screen. It would be a huge seller since the older ones are bringing big money on the auction sites.

Analog is not dead, despite what some think.

Tony2, I have two XL PRO's, both have the 9.5, 5.3 and Royal 800 coils. Having gone through countless frustrating attempts I finally scored my first machine from the UK. It was a closet queen and very minty. Not long after one popped up on ebay and I pounced, it was pure reflex and I was full of buyers remorse until the second I saw it. The second machine was never used, mint as new. I've tested it and put it into a White's case, it was meant to be a collectors item and insurance if anything ever went wrong with the first one. Good coil selection of minty coils, unused machine etc.. almost impossible to find in Australia.. $$$. Pure indulgence on my part, worse yet these machines were meant to be used and enjoyed. Yes I would sell to someone who will use it and enjoy it. The Americans tend to go on about the XL Pro and value them greatly, having owned and used one. I can fully appreciate why, it is the last of the 6000 series machines and in my view the best of them all. That beautiful analogue audio, fantastic depth, accurate analogue meter, both VLF and TR. Same balance and handling of the MXT. I use the MXT weather resistance covers on the Pro and they are a perfect fit. A wonderful VLF and a pleasure to swing.

Karelian
1575795465_second_xl_pro.jpg

Wow.....Im just rereading your reply. I cant PM as Im a newbie.

If possible, can you email me XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Im over in Perth.

Thanks very much for your reply

Tony

Mod Edit

Sorry Tony,
We do not allow personall details to be displayed.

I have the original Blue Box 5900 DI Pro ??? and they are the most powerful VLF made for the Hobby market, Mine was bought by someone and they never used it too and I just had to have it,

I still have my MXT A/P and I will keep that forever, I am going to buy another soon just in case, I also have about 8 Coils for mine So it can sniff out the smallest of specs or big Items way down Deep, It don't miss much, :Y: :Y: :perfect:

Tony2 said:
Wow.....Im just rereading your reply. I cant PM as Im a newbie.

If possible, can you email me XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Im over in Perth.

Thanks very much for your reply

Tony

Mod Edit

Sorry Tony,
We do not allow personall details to be displayed.

No I fully understand......Sorry about that. I cant PM Karelian65 just yet.

karelian65 said:
Tony2, I have two XL PRO's, both have the 9.5, 5.3 and Royal 800 coils. Having gone through countless frustrating attempts I finally scored my first machine from the UK. It was a closet queen and very minty. Not long after one popped up on ebay and I pounced, it was pure reflex and I was full of buyers remorse until the second I saw it. The second machine was never used, mint as new. I've tested it and put it into a White's case, it was meant to be a collectors item and insurance if anything ever went wrong with the first one. Good coil selection of minty coils, unused machine etc.. almost impossible to find in Australia.. $$$. Pure indulgence on my part, worse yet these machines were meant to be used and enjoyed. Yes I would sell to someone who will use it and enjoy it. The Americans tend to go on about the XL Pro and value them greatly, having owned and used one. I can fully appreciate why, it is the last of the 6000 series machines and in my view the best of them all. That beautiful analogue audio, fantastic depth, accurate analogue meter, both VLF and TR. Same balance and handling of the MXT. I use the MXT weather resistance covers on the Pro and they are a perfect fit. A wonderful VLF and a pleasure to swing.

Karelianhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9224/1575795465_second_xl_pro.jpg

If you can PM me then that would be great !
Tony

Latest posts