Whites compatible battery tray, 3 x 18650

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got two battery trays on fleabay, they hold 3 x 18650 batteries. Works on all my White's machines, MXT, XL PRO and TDI SL.
Just add quality batteries and use a good charger and it should be problem free. Enough juice to run the MXT for days and still show full charge. The Tdi Sl runs for hours, I go for three hours to maximise performance and give the batteries more life. They are made in the Ukraine on a 3d printer. Quality is decent, so far so good.
Highly recommended, no drama with postage etc like with RnB Batteries.. this is the tray only so have to get your own 18650 cells and charger. Go with quality brand name cells and charger, protective cells are safe option.

Could be useful for anyone who runs a thirsty machine, V3 and Tdi Sl users especially. I like these so I'm not keeping them secret..
1484553626_battery_1.jpg
1484553641_battery_2.jpg
1484553662_battery_3.jpg

Item no. 282297969495, seller is snOwboarder, price is A$29.37 plus $6.67 postage. Us $22 plus $5 postage. Postage took two weeks for me.
Just checked there are some on fleabay now. All the best.

So you are getting between 11.1 and 12.6 volts, So the only real benefit is the longer mah run time,, Have you checked the voltage of the RnB pack because some claim that they run at 14.4 volts and what is the measured voltage of your Orange pack when fully charged,

Thanks for the Info.

John.

Essentially the orange pack and RnB are near identical. Each uses three 18650 cells. RnB packs recharge with the cells inside, the orange pack requires you to remove that battery and use a charger.

The 18650 protected cells I use
1484657296_img_0778.jpg
can be charged to 4.15 volts each for a total of 12.45 volts which settles to 12.3 volts, some people push the cells higher on their smart chargers to achieve higher voltages. 14.4 volts is really pushing it for only three 18650 cells. My RnB freshly charged is just 12 volts +, way short of 14.4 volts.

So yes the only real benefit is longer mah run time.

But that is a big deal if your running a V3 or Tdi Sl..

Also it can be difficult to post RnB packs to Australia, they can be considered a bit pricey.. Orange pack is cheap, near identical performance depending on the 18650 cells used in the battery tray. No postage issues, easily upgraded as 18650 cells evolve.

If you use protected cells then the circuit stops overcharging and over discharging, safer and longer life cells result. Use unprotected 18650 cells and you can overcharge them giving much higher voltages. But that could be risky.

Hope this has been of use.

Cool thanks for that, I got some 3100's and the place where I bought my Tac Lights / Torches has some 3400's and a 4 and 8 bay charger :D I love being able to charge more than 2 at a time,

John.

Thanks for the info on those battery packs, sounds good. I have a couple of torches that run the 18650 cells, so having already a charger and spare batteries sounds good.

Just want to mention Karelian65, Had trouble searching for that username found it but its actually sn0wboarder (been a zero not a capital O)
Just for others to make it easier to find :)

My 18650 battery packs arrived and are just how karelian65 described them, all good. :)

Hi mate I'm definitely after one of these over the RnB pack but can't find this eBay seller at all..I went into advanced search options and put the name snOwboarder in there as well as making sure it's a worldwide search but nothing. Also tried to use the item number but also nothing..can you confirm this seller still exists? What is the title of the listing I might be able to find it that way?
Cheers

karelian65 said:
Item no. 282297969495, seller is snOwboarder, price is A$29.37 plus $6.67 postage. Us $22 plus $5 postage. Postage took two weeks for me.

Lol never mind just saw the other post it's zero not o..all good have ordered one

snippifish said:
Hi mate I'm definitely after one of these over the RnB pack but can't find this eBay seller at all..I went into advanced search options and put the name snOwboarder in there as well as making sure it's a worldwide search but nothing. Also tried to use the item number but also nothing..can you confirm this seller still exists? What is the title of the listing I might be able to find it that way?
Cheers

karelian65 said:

Say do these battery holders take flat top or button top? I had a look on eBay for the same batteries you have in there but the closest I can find is the xero 13.2wh 3600mah do you reckon those would be about the same or is the SL more compatible with the 3500mah?

I got two battery trays on fleabay, they hold 3 x 18650 batteries. Works on all my White's machines, MXT, XL PRO and TDI SL.
Just add quality batteries and use a good charger and it should be problem free. Enough juice to run the MXT for days and still show full charge. The Tdi Sl runs for hours, I go for three hours to maximise performance and give the batteries more life. They are made in the Ukraine on a 3d printer. Quality is decent, so far so good.
Highly recommended, no drama with postage etc like with RnB Batteries.. this is the tray only so have to get your own 18650 cells and charger. Go with quality brand name cells and charger, protective cells are safe option.

hey Snippifish, dunno if you noticed but those previous posts before you were made on here 2 years ago. Not sure if those guys look in on here much anymore!
(always pays to look at the date when responding to a post)
you could try a direct message or email
DED

Im running flat tops in mine but the battery compartments are spring loaded so theres plenty of room for button tops. As Karelian says, make sure you get protected cells and buy from a trusted seller. There are people selling cheap cells in brand name skins.

snippifish the orange pack as pictured above will last about three hours in a Tdi SL, at max performance. Because I have lots of 18650 cells, I'll swap out after three hours but you could go for up to four or five easy. With an XL Pro or MXT we are talking days not hours. Again I'll top them up after each days use but you could get 16 hours before voltage drops, maybe more but not really less. So two days detecting before any noticeable discharge with VLF machines and three or four hours at max performance on the TDI SL. V3 users might have different results but I'll bet on a full days detecting without noticeable discharge..
The cost and performance equation means I have little use for my RnB battery. The orange pack has three of the best batteries and the technology will only improve, upgrades are so easy. Just an all round winner. Just wish the chap in the Ukraine would develop a 4 x 18650 cell holder, just what Tdi SL users are all after.

All the best,
Karelian

Thanks mate..yes a 4x battery holder would be ideal I'm going to ask him over eBay what the possibilities of him making one are

So I heard back from snowboarder here is what he replied with

"Hi. I think about it, but new case will fit only unprotected battery (65mm long with flat top). after vacation I will try to make one for four cell."

Sucks that it's unprotected but best and cheapest solution I have seen so far :Y:

snippifish unprotected cells are not a problem if you use quality brands such as the Panasonic ones. Also use a smart charger that allows you to not over charge the cells. Finally don't run them too low when using them, so make sure you work out how long they last before change over. So just what I'm already doing.. I've got that 4 x 18650 battery holder up and running. What I will do next is take my amp meter with me and check the rate of discharge, make allowances for safety and cell life etc. Ultimately all that combined gives me a safe run time for the 4 x 18650 pack. If sn0boarder makes a few 4 cell holders, them i'm going to buy one at least. Good that you got a reply so quickly. Well done.
All the best, Karelian
1567336371_img_1292_2_edited.jpg

Latest posts