Materials for dryblower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friggin toyota!! What's your motor from mate?
BTW when I ran mine at full power it was just connected directly to the battery, no controller involved.

Hi OP
It came with the keene dryblower.
Nightjars unit has got a wiper motor on it,so I am sure that he will be able to help you

NdjaajK.jpg

Well I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ww5-pmiokc
I was powering the red and green, when I should have been powering ground and either red or green with positive.
Now it goes fairly quick and still gets hot, but not as much.
Nice blower you have there digger. Does it just have one speed for the bellows or can you adjust it?

1484377736_blower_4.jpg

1484377754_blower_5.jpg

1484377769_blower_3.jpg

1484377789_blower_2.jpg

1484377803_blower_1.jpg

Made a bit of progress, I need to make a flapper valve for the bellows, and work out how many and what size riffles to place on the frame.
I got some of the black keene blower material.

I will measure the flapper hole for you tomorrow,the flapper is only piece rubber

Riffles,this right behind the riffles,I painted them and put half inch dots that I removed when dry,it allows spots for the fine gold to remain
lqI1ntl.jpg

This looking from the riffle side
ptlUUMQ.jpg

The holes are just under the riffles
YKmKWgn.jpg

Angle of riffles set at 21 degrees,set bubble to indicate that
YKmKWgn.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to take pics and post mate.
I might mig something up for a tray instead.
What are those cream coloured bits on top of the riffles?

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark
They are plastic strip to give a bit more angle on the riffles,only glued them on.

Occasional_panner said:
Friggin toyota!! What's your motor from mate?
BTW when I ran mine at full power it was just connected directly to the battery, no controller involved.

You may need to go to the wreckers and get one that has NO speed control, so from an older basic car.
Like my old Mitsy 4WD.

Another source is just from a Bosch supplier or from a Welder parts supplier, think outside the box a bit.
These motors are used for many applications, wheel chairs, powered lifting equipment, cheap 12v winches etc.

I guess speed is relevant too.

Do you need speed control ?

It's ok mate, I worked out the motor wiring, it works fine with or without the speed controller now.
I had a problem with the bellows not coming down quickly enough, so I tripled the valve hole and it's much better now.
The bellows area was too big and most of the pressure was going into blowing them up then on the down stroke the sides sucked in too much.
I halved the bellows and it's much better now.

Hi OP You will find that only when you have riffles fully covered you will see the material flowing correctly,and you know if the holes for the flapper is right

Any older model windscreen motor is suffice. The one here is from and old Mazda has spades that can drive two speeds. Connected directly to battery with alligator clips.
**If you introduce an add on speed controller you will have the overheating you have experienced.**
I run the slower of the two speeds, the knocking action of the two rollers from a skate board aid the movement down the riffle box.
Got my skate board rollers from an op shop for a couple of $$'s. Using a hack saw remove the aluminium housing and you be left with approx 25mm of the centre rod protruding through the roller. Length of flat bar required drill spaced holes and weld protruding rod to flat bar. The centre hole you need to drill smaller than the windscreen motor shaft then file it to fit leaving a flat to stop bar slipping on shaft.
My bellows only open close approx 80 mm.

https://postimg.org/image/3o8p3hyd9/

https://postimg.org/image/xevtp9jct/

https://postimg.org/image/3lotgnupp/

https://postimg.org/image/61qmuicsd/

Good luck

Thanks Nightjar, when I initially used the green and red it overheated whether it was directly connected or using the speed controller.

Using ground and green(fast speed wire) it works fine with the speed controller, no overheating.
Ground and the slow speed (red wire) direct to battery gives 95rpm, so that's probably good enough and eliminates one layer of complexity, also any speed controller will have some losses like any transfer of energy, so battery will last that little bit longer.

Does that pressure in the video look like it's in the ballpark?

Hello Peter
Good to see you chime in.
The hole in the keene blower for the flaper is 85 mm and the board is stiffend with a sheet of aluminiun

Thank's mate it's pretty bloody rough, I was just trying to see if it would work before putting too much time and materials into it.
I have a much better motor I could use but would need to get some 6mm chain and a bigger sprocket, etc.
I'll finish this off for now and see how long it lasts.

Guys, the whole dryblower concept is very new to me so I am following with great interest.

For research I watched a couple of you - tube clips on the Keen dry-blowers.

I am seeing things or are the rigffle angles and their direction (high side facing toward dirt source) is the opposite of what you'd expect in a water based banker.????

cheers
Mike :) :)

Latest posts