Advice on a pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks PhaseTech.

I decided to go with the Xpointer wader. Ordered very early Friday morning and delivered on Monday.
As I won't be upgrading the detector any time soon and always got spare batteries in the field so don't need the Li model.

LOL 2 more sleeps and can open it with the kids.

Cheers GG

My wader rattles, and has lost some sensitivity. I cant knock it too much, as they are good for the money.

PhaseTech said:
rocketaroo said:
My wader rattles, and has lost some sensitivity. I cant knock it too much, as they are good for the money.

Send it in and I can get rid of that rattle for ya.

Was thinking I could fix it myself, but thanks.

HoudiniHarry said:
Yes I am in the same boat. But I did sneak a trial (in the spirit of testing the battery )

Well I have been using the Xpointer Wader Li for a while now and yes it is very accurate and a cool piece of kit. Less false signals and easy to see in the field.

I have tried both Minelab version and Xpointer Wader Li together and while the Minelab seems to scream more and have troubles sometimes making it behave they both work well one is like a naughty child , you just need to work with it to make it behave.
I do however, prefer the accuracy and overall look and feel of the Xpointer Wader Li. As for battery life the Minelab 9V has not been changed since I purchased it 6 months ago.

I give both a tick but Xpointer Wader Li seems to ahead on less false signals and easy to setup. I just want it to work in the field and it seems to work really well. It does not mean you find more gold but it does make it faster to identify and pinpoint saving time and digging less is always a plus.. For me usually lead....

Thanks Nenad for your help.

Just to also point out I have not been paid or affiliated with Nenad in any way, just noting his good service and advice.

Hi All, Can anyone inform me of the mining act regarding Dryblowers in VIC' the one Im looking at is only a small unit and is driven by a 1hp petrol engine and is hand fed by a shovel.

Jungles

jungles said:
Hi All, Can anyone inform me of the mining act regarding Dryblowers in VIC' the one Im looking at is only a small unit and is driven by a 1hp petrol engine and is hand fed by a shovel.

Jungles
I don't think you'll get many replies about dry blowers on a thread about pinpointers? :rolleyes:
You can use power operated equipment for processing in Victoria under your miner's right. Significant land disturbance using these methods is not allowed but what exactly is significant land disturbance is not prescribed so is left open to the interpretation of rangers/inspectors etc.
You cannot use power operated equipment at all for digging/excavation/material removal.

looking at ebay and ive come across a pin pointer thats being sold ,,,new need some info please,,,,just starting out so the price is right,,,,,PI,Xpointer from Deteknix,,,,$131.00 to the door from UK...any feed back I know its not the best or the dearest but only starting out ,,,,,any talk back will be a hand....

I will back up Daggy and HoudiniHarry 1000 %.

Was talking to Nenad today re a shortened lower shaft for a ML 505, he has made mods to it, so it is correct for fitment,
and I have been slack to get back to him when he said it was ready.
Posting out to me now - so good.

You would be wise to buy your Deteknix from him, support is too good to be true, his knowledge is excellent.
The $15 saved will not make you happy if you have the slightest problem with any part, what if you drop it and crack a casing or break the battery cap?

He backs up the gear 100%, and is happy to share his experience.

Like Daggy I also have 3x Deteknix, and a Minelabs pinpointer, they all have their good points, but for reliability and user
friendly function the Deteknix is the go to gear.

4x in the family using detectors. GH, Kato, M1 & M2

Trust us, and do your spend locally, Nenad is one of the guys you can trust to stand by your purchase. :Y:
And he is bloody nice guy too.

https://www.facebook.com/phasetechnical

http://phasetechnical.com.au/

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/profile.php?id=3149

Refreshing in this day an age to find someone such as Nenad to deal with that still values principles way above the making a buck :Y:
This combined with excellent product knowledge gained from hands on experience makes for a great recipe for success. Give him a call re your enquiry for if the item doesn't suit your application he will tell you so. :)

Minelab- quiet, fails to engage at times and needs reboot since new, goes dead and need to open and reseal end cap. Sensitive but has issues since new.

Garrett 1st issue black. - flawless.

Deteknix Wader - lacks sensitivity on small gold; hard to press buttons; poor AA contacts caused issues.

pinpointer999 said:
Minelab- quiet, fails to engage at times and needs reboot since new, goes dead and need to open and reseal end cap. Sensitive but has issues since new.

Garrett 1st issue black. - flawless.

Deteknix Wader - lacks sensitivity on small gold; hard to press buttons; poor AA contacts caused issues.

The trouble with all of those is the frequencies are all too Low, which is why I stayed with the older Whites Bullseye II, which runs at 36 kHz all modern PP's run at around 13-14 kHz and Lower which is fine for Detectors but useless for pinpointers.

John.

Well its been awhile but made the big snap and got a pointer,,,Xpointer from phasetech.....don't think iwill ever get to go to sixty mtrs but its water proof and its going to get some hammering in the next few days, weeks ,months years....its maiden trip the week end,,,charging as I key board....hope it fits the bill,had to take the hand break out to tea for a yes,,,,,,, ]:D :rainbow: :Y:

For the sake of a couple dollars , not to mention time to get here from the UK, buy locally and support local business.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Latest posts