Hello from Victor Harbor

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from Victor Harbor SA. I've only just starting out I've only got a pan. And an old metal detector which I got when my parents had a clean out of their shed. Just wanted to say hi.

That reminds me. My 1st wife and I met a great couple from Victor Harbour on a Cruise ship in approx 1992/3/with the name Cogdel. I think he worked for the Butcher.
I think she passed away a few years after trip from a blood clot to the brain. Lovely couple.
Jaros :(

JAROS I believe my parents brought it in the early 80s. I wouldn't know how to set it up??? It takes Dcell batteries if you can still buy them. Lol

Hi mate in Adelaide and will be down that way in a day or two.

Get out the old machine, dust if off shove some D cells into it and see if it works, I'll bring down the old Red Barron (if it works too)

We can have a social Vintage detect at a park maybe.

;)

G'day all, just starting out. Have sd 2200d. Have only mucked about in the yard so far and fairly new to the area. Clayton Bay. gotta admit am a real novice but gotta start somewhere, and keen. Anyone around the victor, Goolwa, strath areas have one of these machines that could help point me in the right direction? Be mighty grateful. Cheers all

Hi Mick, and welcome mate.
just start by getting some small pieces of lead, say 1 gram & 2 gram & 5 gram and putting them in the ground at differant depths and get used to using and playing with your machine . theres plenty of utube vids
a must later on will be a battery voltage and audio booster

cheers Dave

Cheers Dave, I'll give that a go. Seem to have too much background noise last I tried. Gotta bit more time tomorrow. Thanks for advice mate

Yeah good point 10fp. Back yards pretty big but probably not big enough, am a real novice and was me first play with it. beach or something maybe better place to start.... Thanks mate

Latest posts